Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

I filed for divorce yesterday and he doesn't know... *UPDATE* *UPDATE 2*

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:31 AM
  • 46 Replies

I filed for divorce yesterday and my stbxh doesn't know. I was sick of him telling me he wanted to fix things and then not trying so I went down and filed yesterday. I hope they don't serve him at work. We work at the same place and nobody there needs to know our business.

~UPDATE~

So I got my divorce paperwork in the mail today. I filed on Monday and the lady told me that it would take 2 - 3 weeks for my request to waive the filing fees was even looked at so I was really counting on that time since I still have to work with him until the second week in August... Now he is going to get the paperwork most likely today and he has our daughter this weekend... I'm freaking out right now! I called a lawyer to see how much she is for a retainer but I may just end up going it alone. Any advice? I didn't even tell the kids yet because I didn't want our daughter to blab to him that I had already filed the papers. Uggggg!

~UPDATE 2~

So I got a call from him at a few minutes of 10pm. No one at his house had checked the mail yet. He didn't yell or scream or freak out like I was expecting. He said he thought things had been getting better between us over the past few weeks even though they haven't improved in the least. I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure he was crying when we got off the phone...

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Good luck, I wish  all the best for you. HUGS

YVONNE

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Do you think he will be shocked or not all that surprised due to how things had been going in your marriage?

YVONNE

6-is-it
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:45 AM
WOW! I hope you don't have any regrets, and will be happy with the choice you've made. And, most importantly I hope you've learned from the experience so that the path you take from that day forward will be positive and loving. Be happy, be healthy, be love! :-)
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:48 AM
5 moms liked this

Be sure to come back and let us know if they served him at work while you were both there, LOL. This is a story I want to hear. 

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Well good luck. Hope you got more ducks in a row than not cuz the shit is about to hit the fan! lol

midjet117
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:29 AM

yikes. good luck with that one

Verrine
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:32 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't know why you file for divorce without saying anything to him. Starting out petty is not good. Do you really think that you can keep this quiet at work? 

jojo_382
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Yikes I hope thing work out for u and good luck
MoLLiy
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:27 AM
I told him months ago I wanted a divorce. He kept telling me we could fix it. I tried with no results. He continued to insist it could be fixed but made no attempt to do anything. Yesterday I said enough is enough and filed.

Quoting earthangel1967:

Do you think he will be shocked or not all that surprised due to how things had been going in your marriage?

MoLLiy
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Thank you.

Quoting 6-is-it:

WOW! I hope you don't have any regrets, and will be happy with the choice you've made. And, most importantly I hope you've learned from the experience so that the path you take from that day forward will be positive and loving. Be happy, be healthy, be love! :-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)