Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you ever feel bad when... PIOG

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:55 PM
  • 29 Replies

When your husband disciplines your children? Sometimes I'm like ohhhh I get the cring face but I do know it's all for the better and it's not harsh only because I can't be that way I'm more loving and nurturing I am not "hard!" LOL I just want to know I am not the only mom that feels this way at times.

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Zazayam
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:56 PM
3 moms liked this

Nope, he'd let them get away with anything and everything lol. I'm the tough guy around here...

earthangel1967
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Todd is by nature a LOT more old fashioned traditional and also a lot more strict than I am. I have rules  and boundaries and consequences but am REALLY passionately into teaching them life lessons over punishment and into natural conseuquences and positive discipline. He and I discussed this BEFORE raising kids together especially because I am very very strong and passionate about it. So he lets me do it my way and if we ever disagreed on something, then we'd tell the kids we had to go talk about it and we'd go in our room and shut the door and calmly both explain our perspective and either one would end up agreeing with the other or we'd compromise. He never disciplined our kids in a way I was not ok with the whole time we raised them.

When  the kids would complain that  what consequences I gave them were too much, THEN he would speak up and say , "Oh yeah?Well if it had been up to ME and your mom wasn't here your punishment would have been... then he'd tell them honestly what it would have been." Then they'd make big shocked eyes and hush up. lol

YVONNE

Katieatie
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Im usually the one that disciplines our son. My husband is kind of a push over lol 

mommyinthe303
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:47 PM

I'm the push over and my husband has had a enough of these kids getting over so he took over last night and I was like Ohhhhh cringe face but they straightened up this morning.

Quoting Katieatie:

Im usually the one that disciplines our son. My husband is kind of a push over lol 

mommyinthe303
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Can I ask what is tough to you? How are you tough? :) 

Quoting Zazayam:

Nope, he'd let them get away with anything and everything lol. I'm the tough guy around here...

Zazayam
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Well I'm not too tough, but I'm just not a pushover like hubby is. He'd let them try to juggle steak knives if they were smiling while they were doing it, I think...

The kids have chores and consequences, they get time outs or have to write essays (depending on their age) when they don't do them or when they break a rule or are just being bad. I take things away and they have to earn them back, or put them on electronics restriction when they haven't been as good as they should be. I rarely have to actually yell at them... I guess the more I think about it I'm not all that tough on them at all, lol.

Quoting mommyinthe303:

Quoting Zazayam:

mommyinthe303
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL I love that.

Quoting Zazayam:

Well I'm not too tough, but I'm just not a pushover like hubby is. He'd let them try to juggle steak knives if they were smiling while they were doing it, I think...

The kids have chores and consequences, they get time outs or have to write essays (depending on their age) when they don't do them or when they break a rule or are just being bad. I take things away and they have to earn them back, or put them on electronics restriction when they haven't been as good as they should be. I rarely have to actually yell at them... I guess the more I think about it I'm not all that tough on them at all, lol.

Quoting mommyinthe303:

Quoting Zazayam:

MagicTemptation
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

No we are on the same page with disclipline. We are both pretty strict parents.

furbabymum
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:23 PM

I'm the disciplinarian.

AlannaMaria
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:25 PM
I'm the tough one.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)