Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you spoil your husband?

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:00 PM
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hi ladies!

My husband is the "I take care of everything" type of man. He ALWAYS makes sure that the kids and I have everything we need. I would say that for the most part of our relationship, I have been "spoiled" (I'm very grateful). I'm a SAHM mom. I make sure the house is always clean, clean clothes, dinner, etc. (He helps with these chores when he's home, which is part of the reason I consider myself spoiled LOL)

Lately, he has had SO MUCH on his plate. Our family has been going through some really hard times. I really want to show him how important he is to us, but in some different ways. I want him to feel spoiled for once.  (SN: He handles all the money, and watches the account like a hawk (another reason I feel spoiled) so, gifts might be out of the question.

So, I'm curious, how do you "spoil" your hubby?

TIA 

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
earthangel1967
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Omgosh sooo many ways I spoil him which is fun and easy to do because he is sooo deserving of it and spoils me just  as much in  his  own ways as well.

This would be an excessively long post (even for ME lol) if I listed all or even many of the ways I spoil him.

I spoil him emotionally, mentally, spiritually, physically, sexually, environmentally, every way I can think of and am always coming up with more and new ways on top of it. : )

He told me he doesn't believe there is another husband in the world who is treated as good as he is, awwww, that means a lot to me that he feels that way.

YVONNE

WildPowerMom
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:38 PM
4 moms liked this

I stay married to him.  :P

earthangel1967
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Regarding my answer above: OR are you actually more so looking for IDEAS for you to spoil your  OWN husband? 

YVONNE

Candie1015
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:40 PM

messages are great, a special type of food just for him, a dish his mom or grandma might have maid to bring back memories, letting or joining him in a hobby. If he likes fishing suggest a trip, mountain climbing suck it up and go for it. Ask him about his day, do special things in the bedroom for him, draw him a bath that will be nice and warm for him when he gets home. I know a  lot of men say they don't like the candles and incent but I did that with rose petals in the tub for my husband once and he stayed in there with just candle light for almost an hr and a half! He actually fell asleep...

1st_time_mom789
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I spoil my husband by doing everything. Cooking, cleaning, doing his laundry, folding and put it away for him, etc. 

mrsbarefootsoul
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Might sound silly, but yes :) 

I feel like he has spoiled us for so long, and he just does most things for himself (he's kind of funny about the way certain things are done, and prefers to do them himself) So I need some new and creative ways to spoil him :) 

Quoting earthangel1967:

Regarding my answer above: OR are you actually more so looking for IDEAS for you to spoil your  OWN husband? 

earthangel1967
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:55 PM

My husband loved the surprise bubble bath I prepared for him to replace his usual after work shower too and he especially loved it when I knelt down by the tub and washed him all up for him ; P

Quoting Candie1015:

messages are great, a special type of food just for him, a dish his mom or grandma might have maid to bring back memories, letting or joining him in a hobby. If he likes fishing suggest a trip, mountain climbing suck it up and go for it. Ask him about his day, do special things in the bedroom for him, draw him a bath that will be nice and warm for him when he gets home. I know a  lot of men say they don't like the candles and incent but I did that with rose petals in the tub for my husband once and he stayed in there with just candle light for almost an hr and a half! He actually fell asleep...

YVONNE

Candie1015
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Lol well that is something. My husband loves his food so I do home made things for him like his favorite breaded crumb covered chicken strips, home made mash potatoes, gravy, corn, biscuits, and home made strawberry cheesecake

Quoting earthangel1967:

My husband loved the surprise bubble bath I prepared for him to replace his usual after work shower too and he especially loved it when I knelt down by the tub and washed him all up for him ; P

Quoting Candie1015:

furbabymum
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:26 PM

I don't spoil him. I treat him great all the time. I let him know all the time how much I appreciate him. Occasionaly I buy him flowers. Otherwise I don't spoil him and he doesn't spoil me. We just treat each other pretty great all the time.

earthangel1967
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Be sure to watch for and read ANYRAN's posts on 100 romantic ideas , today she  just posted day 14.

As for massages, don't forget more than just back massages, scalp massages and foot massages and all over body massages are all great.

Besides cooking him his favorite foods I do sweet little things like make a heart on his hamburger with  the mustard or such, and other ways of making it look special besides taste good. You  can make even a common meal seem special with  candlelight. Make him a special treat you can handfeed him like chocolate covered strawberries.

One thing I do a ton, that he is addicted to is I run my fingernails like a soft tickle all over his back or the back of his neck or his scalp, when we are sitting on the couch  watching tv, or when he is driving in the car, or even when we are walking thru the grocery store (I keep it to his back and neck in public lol) He said it feels like magic. He can't get enough of this. I make sure I do this every night  to help him fall asleep and every morning when his alarm clock goes off for work. He said it makes it harder to get out of bed in the morning but he doesnt care bc he loves it  so much.

Little things like encouraging HIM to make the choice of the movie or tv show you  watch together or the radio station on in the car, or which  restaurant he is in the mood to go to.

Also at restaurants I think they give too much food so I rarely eat most of the sides so instead I ask Todd what he would like for my sides and give them to him  to eat or save to bring home.

I make our  house extra inviting besides it looking beautiful and clean for him, I do little extra things to pleasure his senses, like for each of the 4 seasons I use a seasonally scented air freshener plug in and also bath and bodyworks seasonally scented handsoaps.

Ask him about his  sexual fantasies and try to make as many of them come true as you can even if it''s stepping out  of your  box a bit. Also try to  be creative and come up with new sexual little surprises for him every now and then, maybe dress up or wear a wig or do role play or wrap yourself up in wrapping paper and a bow and be naked underneath, etc etc etc., surprise him by buying new sex toys especially if they are for HIM or you as a couple,  you can get endless sexual surprise ideas online

Take the time to make sure you look your  prettiest each day, even on ordinary days, dress cute and do your makeup  and hair for him even if he says its not necessary, do it anyway. Polish your  fingernails and toenails and use baby oil after your shower it makes your skin irresistaably soft for him and then put lotion  on your  feet too so they are pretty and soft.

Give him genuine frequent compliments both to him directly and let him hear you  talk highly of him to others. Let him know how much you respect him and appreciate every little thing he does.

Write him love letters or poems or love emails. If you don't know how to write poetry, find something online that says how you feel or get him a mushy greeting  card or write the lyrics to a song you love and reminds you of him to him. Also write him little love notes and put them in surprise places like taped to the bathrom mirror or taped to his steering wheel to find when  he goes to leave for work in the  morning, in his lunch, on his pillow, etc. etc

If he is having a bad week, find an inspirational quotes in google images and email them to him or find an inspirational uplifting song on youtube and send it to him.

If you  guys are spiritual at all and if you  pray for him OR if you envision positive energy and thoughts sent out to him, let him know that.

Make a cd of romantic or sexy  or both songs from you to him and you can also play them at "bedtime". Light candles at "bedtime" too.

Ask him what his favorite scents are and wear them, if he has a favorite bodyspray of yours or if he has a different favorite scent like Todd loves me to smell edible so I always wear vanilla. He even likes me to spray it on his pillow lol besides on me.

Take sexy photos of you  just  for him, take sexy photos or video of him just for you to let him know how desirable he is.

Ask him what he dreamed last night and then go look up the  key symbols on http://www.dreambible.com/ (not a religious site) and tell him what his dream means.

If he gets hair on his back or his butt or somewhere hard to reach shave it regularily for him, if he  doesnt want it there.

Ask him  to sit down with you  in some spare time and think up his bucket list and write them down and make it a mission to help him make as many of those things happen eventually one at a time as possible.

Be a good listener, if he is talkiing about work let him vent and acknowledge and validate his feelings and encourage him and uplift him and support  him. Ask him about his day regularily. If you are able to email or text him  while he is at work, send him at least one or two short lovey or supportive messages each day so he knows you are thinking of him and with him in spirit.

If he has to take any regular supplements or prescriptions for his health, get a weekly pill organizer and fill up his box slots for each dosage each day for the week to help him make sure he remembers. Go with him to dr appts if he wants you  to so he doesnt have to go alone, Todd loves this. I also schedule all his appts for him so he never has to worry about those kinds of details.

When you kiss him, REALLY really kiss him like you  mean it! And do it often.

When he comes home make sure he gets a greeting worthy of him after working all day for you guys. Let him know how happy you and the kids are to have him home and that each time he comes home is like a mini celebration in your heart.

Think about what his hobbies and interests are and encourage those and spend time doing some of them with him even if they are not your thing, spend money occasionally getting him a gift related to one of his interests or hobbies "just because" for no special occasion

If he is sitting down watching tv ask or something ask him if he wants anything a beer, a snack or whatever and happily go get it for him.

In the winter, when he is  in the shower, grab his bath towel and throw it in the dryer on  high for a few minutes and then hand him a nice warmed up towel as he gets out of the shower.

If there are any chores he normally does, like take out the trash or mow the lawn or something, do it for him at least once in awhile.

If he is down, besides being a good listener be his own little pep talker, private cheerleader, let him know you are on his side and you believe in him and you are with him 100% thru good and bad. Remind him that everything is always ok..... eventually and undoubtedly you guys have made it thru other difficulties in life and you WILL make it thru any that come up in the future. As long as you have eachother each trial will only make you even closer together.

YVONNE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)