Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you marry after only 3 months.....

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:23 PM
  • 101 Replies

of KNOWING each other?  I'm not talking about dating for 3 months. Heck, I'm not even taking about  he's a friend of a friend or you have seen him around. I'm talking about being complete strangers, no form of reference at all. My best friend did and she has a rocky marriage. Mainly, because he is an ass. My sister did the same and her marriage ended after 8 yrs.

If you did, how long did it last or how long have you been married?

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AlannaMaria
by Alanna on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Bump!
lilbit53009
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:24 PM

i was with my husband for 8 years before we got married...so here's a bump lol

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I knew my DH for exactly 5 months. We married on the exact day 5 months after our first meeting. It's all about the attitude, not the length of time.

kidlover2
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:31 PM
I agree with pp. I knew my husband for 2 months before I moved in with him. We've been together for over a year and I see no plans for anything else. I love him so much and. He is sooo good to me and my 3 girls.
beeky
by Alexandra on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:36 PM
2 moms liked this

My parents were engaged withing 2 weeks of meeting and married within 6 months.  Their marriage lasted almost 49 years.  My dad passed away 5 days before their anniversary.

yellowrose6145
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this

MY fiancee and i met online on pof and after a week I moved to wisconsin  in his place and now 4 years later we will be married august 3rd in just 18 more day's and loving every mintue of it with him...It has been a fanstatic life with him and I couldnt ask for anything better for a man or a husband...

OHgirlinCA
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:47 PM

I married my first husband 3 months after meeting him.  We were married for 10 years, but it was not a happy marriage. 

My parents got married after meeting 3 weeks beforehand and they've been happily married for 41 years.

Sometimes it works out, but statistically speaking, the chances of your marriage lasting are less than if you know each other for a longer period of time beforehand.

IQuitCounting
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:50 PM

No.

lillybug222
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:52 PM
We were strangers. We were engaged after 3 months. Married after 8. We'll celebrate 10 years in January. There have been ups & downs, but not because of the length of time we knew each other before marrying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicolle_09
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:56 PM

I did with my xh and it ended after 11 months

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)