Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Saying the "L" word

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:22 PM
  • 20 Replies

How long into a relationship did it take before you or your SO said i love you for the first time?? And when did you know it was the right moment?

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anryan
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Irish told me about 2 months into it, i didn't say it back, it was another week or so before it felt confident in my emotions to say it back.

I told David about 1 month in (we had been friends a year at that point) and he said he loved me back

Anryan,

Wife to.....

David    and   Irish

beeky
by Alexandra on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Very early in our relationship lol. 

We met in December in England and had 2 weeks together.  He came to Canada in June for a week and that's when we said it.

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:31 PM

I told DH on our first date.  It took him almost 4 months to say it back to me.  I didn't think it was the right moment to tell him but I knew that's how I felt so I took the chance....luckily he doesn't scare easily. :)

momtomy7kids
by Michelle on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:26 AM

On our first date, he told me that he loves me and I told him that I love him. After being married to him for 15 years now I love him more than the day we first got together.

Michelle
Mom to 8
Emily, Jordan, Sara, Jason, Aiden, Chloe, Nick and Cody 

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:31 AM

He told me after a week. He pulled over to the side of the road and just said it. He had this huge grin on his face. I was drinking a gatorade and spilled it because he surprised me! LOL

CjEmmemommy
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:32 AM

I honestly have no idea.. It was early, he said it first but I don't really remember! Our relationship was very fast pace and kind of a blur.

earthangel1967
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:46 AM

It was kind of shocking and out of character how fast we said it to eachother after we started meeting in person. We had talked almost daily long conversations in depth and on phone for 3 months FIRST, then had our first date, it wasn't long after our first date I said it. And we agreed to be exclusive on  our first date bc it was so special. I told him I didn't want him to say it to me until he REALLY meant it with all his heart and soul AND until he loved me more than he ever loved anyone in his past. He promised. He said it about 1 month after our first date.

YVONNE

lulalacroix
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 11:23 AM

10 days after meeting.  I said it first.  I think he was surprised, but he said it also.

zoehopemama
by Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 11:27 AM

My bf just told me last night. :) we haven't been together long.....but I guess when you know, you know! :) 

JessiFaye
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 11:50 AM

It was like three weeks in, I think. Seems like forever ago!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)