Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How old were you when you got married?

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:35 AM
  • 95 Replies

Poll

Question: How old were you when you got married?

Options:

under 18

18-25

25-35

over 35

other, please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 153

View Results

How old were you when you got married? If you had it to do over again, would you marry sooner or later?

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bunnywzrd
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:41 AM

I got married at 18. I don't know what I would do if I had to do it all over again. A lot of times I think I would do it the same way and other times I think I would never get married. We have been married 11 and a half years.

LevisMommy82
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:46 AM

I got married at 19, Im 21 now and life has been going well! I have a sweet baby boy and wouldn't change the world for it! 

SLGross215
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:49 AM

I got married at 30. If I had to do it again, I'd do it the same way.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this
A month shy of turning 25. I think I was too young. We weren't ready. We never had any really serious talks about the future or either of our expectations, wants or needs. We winged it. That was a huge mistake. In fact, we would have divorced within the first year had we not unexpectedly gotten pregnant with our daughter.

People wonder why I'm harsh and judge, and this is partially why, because I've been there. I hate to see anyone else make the same mistakes. We're still married, we work it out, but it's not been an easy or happy path.
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:49 AM
2 moms liked this

I voted other because I was married twice at different ages:

punching1st time was a HUGE mistake. I was 18 and while I loved him as a person I wasn't IN  LOVE with him and  married him for really emotionally confused messed up reasons that I deeply regret. We stayed together for 16 yrs until I finally divorced him and only stayed that long bc of fear, feeling guilty, feeling trapped and worried my 4 kids would hate me if I left him. (they didnt!)

weddingMy wedding to my soulmate/bff love of my life husband Todd was when I was when I was 37. That was 8 years ago and I would marry that man over again every single day if I had to. I am soooooo glad I married him. He feels like a miracle to me!

YVONNE

amanda_mom89
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:51 AM
When we got married I was 21, DH was 19.

We'd been together 2.5 months.

Looking back I'm really not sure what the big rush was and I wish we'd taken our time. But so far so good, 3 years later. :)
mcginnisc
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:51 AM

I was 20 when I got married..actually both of us were 20.. We've been married for almost 18 years and have been together for 22 years. I'd do it again in a heart beat. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

littlelamb303
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:52 AM

I was 28.  It was the right time. I just finished getting my MA degree and we both had decent jobs.  We never struggled financially because of it either.  It has been 20 yrs now

Mommabearbergh
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:52 AM
We got married when I was twenty one and I wouldn't change it at all.
mommy0f2g1b
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:53 AM

I got married when I was 19.

I'm 28 now and still married to the same man. I do wonder if I would have done it so young if I could do over again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN