Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this a valid reason for being so MAD at husband

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:12 PM
  • 21 Replies

Last night my husband was in a good mood got home from work & WOW he changed.  I asked him if he would take our 7yr old daughter to buy a razor scooter & gave him the money or if he didn't want to use the cash & save it for bills that our daughter could use her Bday Target giftcard.  BUT I also told our daughter that the new scooter would have to be approved by Daddy etc...

Well after we ate dinner my husband went off the handle...  He said to me "you always interrupt me, you don't know what your talking about & is there even a brain in your head between your ears, because you say things & you don't even make sense so don't talk if you don't know what your talking about"  

I replied with a few not so "kid friendly" words yelling & said I want a divorce get out of my house... Then proceeded to say "oh you think your smarter than me because you have a college degree"  

Well it wasn't right for me to yell in front of our kids or say "I want a divorce"  BUT what he said to me REALLY cut a vein...  I was so upset that he left to take our daughter to Target to get her scooter I just broke down & cried.  Called a few freinds then was still upset that I even threw up. 

I didn't sleep a wink last night & couldn't wait until he left for work in the morning.  He tried to give me a good-bye kiss this moring & I reluctantly gave him a tiny peck.  He since has called tried to apologize...

BUT still hurting... thinking if that is how he feels about me & that is what he thinks about me that shows, maybe tells me that he has no respect for me...

SORRY everyone for rambling... just had to get it out  -   Thank you all

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xoxRachelxox
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:24 PM
3 moms liked this

You were both wrong and said things that you shouldn't have said. 

He shouldn't have said that to you but you shouldn't have responded with saying you want a divorce, especially in front of the kids. 

You should sit down and talk with him. You should both apologize for your parts and figure out a way to talk without insulting or hurting each other. 

Liudmyla
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:31 PM

You have a right to be mad.

Don't try to over think what he said, maybe he had a bad day or was tired.

I know exactly how you feel. I would forgive him and move on.

MagicTemptation
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Wow! I am really sorry. I would be hurt and mad too if my S/O said those things to me. I think you two need a lot of communication building. Try counseling together. What he said was not okay, at all.

I get what you said in return was out of hurt. However you are right, it should of not been done in front of the kids. I hope you both seek couseling and work on communicating. He might also benefit from some anger classes?

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:19 PM
Ok, I'm missing something here obviously, because this can't be the complete story. He didn't just take his last bite of food, look at you, then go off. And, on the off chance that he did, he has a mental disorder. What are you leaving out of this story?
mom1767
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Ok, I'm missing something here obviously, because this can't be the complete story. He didn't just take his last bite of food, look at you, then go off. And, on the off chance that he did, he has a mental disorder. What are you leaving out of this story?

mom1767
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:15 PM

No, not leaving anything out I had just spoke with my BF right before he got home I was in a GREAT mood not looking for a argument...

He said those mean things to me after he ate.  It all started because I brought up him buying a new scooter for our daughter because money is very tight.  But I had made some little bit of extra cash thru selling things to a local resale shop so I offered him the $100... 

Yes, I think you are right he's bipolar but most men will never admit to having a "chemical imbalance" & don't think they need meds etc..   However, after our daughter I did go on some medication because of my "moods" but I'm not ashamed to admit it & that I needed some extra help & sought it out

mom1767
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:16 PM

BUMP!

Mommylovesdada
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:19 PM
I agree with all of this! I also think you both owe your daughter an apology and reassurance that grownups make mistakes too and you are not divorcing.

Quoting xoxRachelxox:

You were both wrong and said things that you shouldn't have said. 

He shouldn't have said that to you but you shouldn't have responded with saying you want a divorce, especially in front of the kids. 

You should sit down and talk with him. You should both apologize for your parts and figure out a way to talk without insulting or hurting each other. 

TommyAbby
by Melissa on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:04 PM

So you both are Bipolar but only one takes meds... that a great mix for a stable household O.o

mom1767
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Quoting TommyAbby:

So you both are Bipolar but only one takes meds... that a great mix for a stable household O.o

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)