Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Dh leaving.... I feel sick to my stomach *eta*

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:39 PM
  • 27 Replies
Not like.... leaving me but leaving for work. We've never been away from each other more than 2 nights at a time. Hunting trips etc and that's rare for him to stay overnight. He and his lead man are going on the job out of town tomorrow and won't be back until Friday evening. Then starting Aug. 5th he will be gone from Monday morning until Thursday evening for 4 to 5 weeks. I feel like a big baby. I just want to ball my eyes out. =(

Anyone have any ideas to help me fall asleep and stay asleep at night?

Thanks for all the suggestions. I really appreciate every single one. I am going to try them all. I hope the time goes quickly.
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadySaphira
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:51 PM
2 moms liked this

Buy a body pillow and put one of his "lightly soiled" shirts or a clean one sprayed with his cologne (if he wears any) on it so you have something to cuddle up to and that smells like him.

MrsImperfect
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:52 PM
2 moms liked this
I always sleep on his side of the bed and spray the pillow with his cologne.
Rachael-Dawn
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Definitely going to try both of these... Thanks.
shadow_lark
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Switch pillow cases with him. Steal one of his shirts to wear to bed. Try talking right before bed
lovemymd
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Have a glass of wine.
JenniferW67
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:47 AM

My Hubby is gone A LOT. As others mentioned, it helps to sleep on his side of the bed and talk on the phone, if possible, before going to sleep. Good luck!

mylife2329
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:59 AM

cuddle with his pillow.

MrsSexyCurtains
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:11 AM
I read before bed. Hubby is gone 6 months to a year whenever he leaves so I've bought a ton of books and candy crush helps pass the time lol.
L.A.F.outloud
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:57 AM

You'll get used to it but I wouldn't like my husband to be gone that long and we don't even get along all that well.  My husband worked night shift for years so I was alone at night a lot.  Now he's on days and I work night shift (when I work) but he's loving having the bed to himself.  He only really wants me there the first 20 minutes or so and then I can go.  

coupon_ash_back
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:04 AM
I don't know how I did it for as long as I did.....mostly had his clothes, talked on the phone before sleep, and I still had a hard time sleeping.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)