Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How am I supposed to respond? update 2 - ETA 2/28

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 6:51 PM
  • 41 Replies
1 mom liked this
Long story short: dh's best friend is over and they got into a conversation where dh was making it sound like I "cut him off". I never do that. They were being stupid guys about it and then dh looks at me and says "makes it hard to cut me off when you don't know where I'm gettin it from huh?". I'm sorry, what? Not even sure how to respond to that.

Well I don't know if I'm going to get to talk to him about it anytime soon. They went to the store. When they came home they stayed outside and never came in and when he finally came in it was to tell me he was leaving again to help his cousin mo e furniture. Did I mention we only have my 3 year old tonight? The other three are visiting else where for the moment. I will update when I actually get to talk to him. =(

He walked in just as I went for the door knob.... I loaded me, the baby, and our bag up and he managed to talk me down in the car window. I told him he has the next 30 days to get it together. I'm tired of the secondary person he becomes at random and today was the worst. We talked about a couple of other issues. Pray things change. He will be out of town a lot this month. Maybe he needs it to work on whatever it is that caused his words to spew out stupid today. I think I need some time to work on me too. I still feel messy though. I'm just still blown away that he said that to me. He says it was a joke. Hopefully the feeling it left leaves soon.

Edit to add:

Dh is not cheating. I whole heartedly trust him when he said explained his idiocy last night. My senses aren't sounding off like they normally would have done. There is more going on in our relationship but the rest revolves around things concerning financial immaturity. I know where all of it goes though so its not like he's hiding it. I have calmed down and believe him when he says he won't speak to me like that anymore or act like that around his friend with me anymore. Believe me ladies when I say I have been in some doozies for relationships and I can read a liar among other things. I am definitely his one and only. I do appreciate the support from all of you.
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ilovemykids732
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 6:56 PM

So did he just admit to cheating on you...?! -_-

mommawhite08
by New Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 6:56 PM
Was he high? Why would he say something so stupid?
rockinmomto2
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 6:57 PM

I'd ask him why he thinks it's funny to joke about cheating on his wife.

Rachael-Dawn
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 6:59 PM
I'm not sure? He has never joked about that before....

Quoting ilovemykids732:

Rachael-Dawn
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:00 PM
My thoughts exactly.

Quoting mommawhite08:

Was he high? Why would he say something so stupid?
LilliesValley
3 moms liked this

I'd be like, "are you on drugs or is your ego so dependent on your friend's opinion of you that you have to be an ass to me. I guess if you wanted to know what it's like to be cut off then congrats bc that's just what happened." And then I'd walk out of the room. Let that shit resonate for a little while. Maybe even go get dressed up, grab the keys and just get a drink with a girl friend.

ilovemykids732
1 mom liked this

Thats what it sounded like to ME... maybe he wasnt joking...? maybe he was admitting something...? IDK you know your DH, I dont... it depends on how YOU took it dear... I would ask him... :)

Quoting Rachael-Dawn:

I'm not sure? He has never joked about that before....

Quoting ilovemykids732:

Rachael-Dawn
I intend on it as soon as I get back to my loving room.

Quoting rockinmomto2:

I'd ask him why he thinks it's funny to joke about cheating on his wife.

AmericanChild82
by Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:01 PM
3 moms liked this
I'd have slapped him upside the head for speaking in such a rude and disrespectful tone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:21 PM

im sorry hugs omgosh! What a horrible, hurtful, cruel, disrescpectful, scary thing to say to you! I'm so sorry, my heart goes out to you and I hope you get to the bottom of it soon and that it was just empty meaningless stupidity and words and nothing more because even that is bad enough.

HUGGGGSSS

YVONNE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)