Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Ideas for vacation :)

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:51 AM
  • 19 Replies
So next year July 4 will be my DH and I 5th anniversary.
We never went on a honeymoon so I want to plan a honeymoon for our 5th.

So need some ideas and places to go. Won't cost a arm and leg. Have any?

We live in MI :)
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MagicTemptation
by Christina on Jul. 28, 2013 at 10:22 AM
There was a post a week or two ago in here about all inclusive vacations. Alot of people recommended cheapcarriebean.com Maybe go somewhere local, cabin in the woods or on a lake?
GoddessStaggs
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 11:28 AM

do you plan to take the kids? and what time frame are you looking for? ;) i'm a really good budgeter and travel planner. im sure i can help! ;) also what do you guy's like or dont like. :) how far are you willing to travel?

HappyGirl77
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Since you are in MI what about South Haven for a long weekend over the 4th or Mackinaw Island?  My brother and my dh's best friends go there all the time (one has a cabin in South Haven) and they love it!!!

ddhb2007
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Driving or flying? How many days? What's your budget?

I love going to the American Club in Kohler, WI. However, we drop about $1000 / day by the time we eat in the Immigrant Room and I hit the spa. We stay in one of the nicer suites, so that drives up the cost too.

You could go to Chicago. We stayed on Michigan Ave, so hotels there run a couple hundred a night.

starreyedcutie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Cabin in the woods ;-)
Lindsey1112
by Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Thanks

Quoting MagicTemptation:

There was a post a week or two ago in here about all inclusive vacations. Alot of people recommended cheapcarriebean.com

Maybe go somewhere local, cabin in the woods or on a lake?

Lindsey1112
by Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 8:04 PM
No kids they will be way to young still by then (7,4,8months ) plus we have never been on a vaca without them.

It will be next summer prob not over the 4th but around there for like a week. Don't think we can go longer then that.

I'm thinking of staying in the states my DH never has flown but think he is willing. But if it's driving nothing to far cuz I don't want to be stuck most of the vaca in a car :)

Thanks

Quoting GoddessStaggs:

do you plan to take the kids? and what time frame are you looking for? ;) i'm a really good budgeter and travel planner. im sure i can help! ;) also what do you guy's like or dont like. :) how far are you willing to travel?

Lindsey1112
by Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 8:05 PM
We would like to get out of MI just the two of us. But yes mackinaw is beautiful we go there alot.

Quoting HappyGirl77:

Since you are in MI what about South Haven for a long weekend over the 4th or Mackinaw Island?  My brother and my dh's best friends go there all the time (one has a cabin in South Haven) and they love it!!!

Lindsey1112
by Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Either or driving or flying. My DH has never flown so he might be nervous but I think he will manage :)
Thinking around a week no longer

Don't have a budget but nothing too insane we do have 3 kids so not a ton of money but we will be saving through the year.

Quoting ddhb2007:

Driving or flying? How many days? What's your budget?

I love going to the American Club in Kohler, WI. However, we drop about $1000 / day by the time we eat in the Immigrant Room and I hit the spa. We stay in one of the nicer suites, so that drives up the cost too.

You could go to Chicago. We stayed on Michigan Ave, so hotels there run a couple hundred a night.

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jul. 28, 2013 at 10:51 PM

We live in Michigan and didn't have a lot of money either but we had a wonderful honeymoon. We DROVE over to Canada and went to Niagara Falls (especially beautiful on Canadian side) it's two different experiences in daytime and  then again at night because in day it's just a beautiful natural wonder and at night they light it up in various rainbow of colored lights, so romantic. They have a fun unique whimsical downtown to just walk thru and look at too or if you have extra money you  can go on  rides (3d simulator type rides a tiny bit  like universal studios style). So fun!

Then we drove over to Toronto Canada and spent the entire day in Toronto at  the Harbourfronte Centre (sign says the whole world in  10 acres- there is so much  diversity of so many cultures there and speak 100 languages in this area is awesome!)  (other than parking most things at harbourfront is free!) We watched street performers, adored pigeons, enjoyed the boats and waterfront view, watched 2 FREE concerts in the park under the pavilion one from spain and one from bangladesh, They have a world cafe so its fun to eat there, hubby might pick try to a food from one culture's foodstand and you might choose to try a new food from a totally different cultures stand in the same place. : ) Also they have an international market, we didn't buy anything but really enjoyed browsing and looking at all the unique offerings from so many ethnicities and represented countries. There is also a nice art museum right there too. We spent whole day there all the way until midnight and absolutely loved it. On way home we picked out candy for a treat from store but fun rule was it had to be something new and unique we cant get in the states.

YVONNE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN