Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

hubbies & home repairs

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 11:55 AM
  • 13 Replies

Dh is changing the bearing in our AC.  Usually, I can tell how well his repairs are going based on his language & such.  Well, his body language says he's slightly annoyed, but so far his language is PG. . .  Hopefully, that's a good sign. 

Uh-oh!  Make that PG-13. :-( 

by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momtomy7kids
by Michelle on Jul. 28, 2013 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband is a pretty good handyman around the house. I love it that if something goes wrong he can fix it.

Michelle
Mom to 8
Emily, Jordan, Sara, Jason, Aiden, Chloe, Nick and Cody 

catevincesmom
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine's usually pretty handy, as well.  If he can't fix it, he can @ least get us thru for a little longer.  :-) 

Quoting momtomy7kids:

My husband is a pretty good handyman around the house. I love it that if something goes wrong he can fix it.

momtomy7kids
by Michelle on Jul. 28, 2013 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I know what you mean, we had our refrigerator go out and he had it back working within 20 minutes.

Quoting catevincesmom:

Mine's usually pretty handy, as well.  If he can't fix it, he can @ least get us thru for a little longer.  :-) 

Quoting momtomy7kids:

Michelle
Mom to 8
Emily, Jordan, Sara, Jason, Aiden, Chloe, Nick and Cody 

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck!

anotherandree
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL!  And I'm sorry at the same time.  My husband is the same way.  He gets 12 shades of angry while he is fixing things around the house, but when I try to "comfort" him, he yells at me (okay, not really yells) that I should just be glad that I have a man that can fix things around the house.  Which is true.  Sadly.  I am wonderfully glad that I have a man that can fix things around the house because ALOT of guys just can't anymore.  

So, I let the kids watch TV...loudly.  And I bring my husband a glass of water every once in a while.

Quoting catevincesmom:

Dh is changing the bearing in our AC.  Usually, I can tell how well his repairs are going based on his language & such.  Well, his body language says he's slightly annoyed, but so far his language is PG. . .  Hopefully, that's a good sign. 

catevincesmom
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 8:24 PM

I am thankful he can fix things.  even if it means kicking the kids to the other end of the house for a little while.  And as he says, sometimes, the appliances or fixtures just need a good "talking to."  lol. 

Quoting anotherandree:

LOL!  And I'm sorry at the same time.  My husband is the same way.  He gets 12 shades of angry while he is fixing things around the house, but when I try to "comfort" him, he yells at me (okay, not really yells) that I should just be glad that I have a man that can fix things around the house.  Which is true.  Sadly.  I am wonderfully glad that I have a man that can fix things around the house because ALOT of guys just can't anymore.  

So, I let the kids watch TV...loudly.  And I bring my husband a glass of water every once in a while.

Quoting catevincesmom:

jojo_star
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this

lol! My husband is the same way. Thankfully, he's really good at home repairs. 

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jul. 28, 2013 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this

When we had our big house when we were raising the 5 kids if something went wrong when Todd got off work he would either fix it if it was a reasonably smaller or not too  time consuming of a job (he worked a lot of hours so didn't have lots of extra time) or on occasion one of our teens would even fix somethings they have a natural knack for some of that (didnt get that from me!)

Now that our kids are grown up we sold the house (too big too much maintenance and work and in too small of a boring town) We moved into an awesome apt complex so now our exceptional maintenance team does all the yard work and cleans the halls and does all the maintenance big or small Todd doesnt have to give it a second thought now even if he knows how to fix it,  he doesnt have to bother with it, we just let our team know and they  get here fast and friendly and do a great job every time. We love it and really appreciate it. Todd can just relax and enjoy his time at home when off work now no matter what might have gone wrong : )

PS like OP said I could always tell if Todd's fix it project was going good or bad from his tone of voice and langauge too - lol glad he doesnt have to stress over it anymore haha

YVONNE

MamaKarrot
by Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL I also judge the success of a project based on the language he's using.  If the kids have to leave the room we all know it's not going well. 

shadow_lark
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this
If I can't fix it myself I usually call mine or dh's dad. Most things can't wait a month to get fixed.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)