Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Affairs

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 2:08 PM
  • 25 Replies

How would you feel if your husband thought about having an affair but not actually done it.

by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rugratsmommy4
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd feel hurt and kick his ass for even thinking about it!  If his heart is truly with you he would never even think about cheating.  So glad my DH is content and happily married to me and as he puts it "No one is worth me paying Child Support or losing the love of my life."

jojo_star
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd want to talk about why he felt that way. 

lillybug222
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Of course it would hurt my feelings if I knew, but the fact that he didn't do it would mean a whole lot more.

With that being said, there was a time when DH & I were in an incredibly rough place. I thought of having an affair. I even considered it. I even tempted myself by spending time with a male friend I'd known for years & making friends with a single male teacher I worked with & talking to an ex. I never had an affair--emotional or otherwise, but I thought about it. Often. I never told my DH...nothing good could come from it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillybug222
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 2:41 PM
3 moms liked this
No one is worth him paying child support? That phrase--even thrown in with "losing the love of my life" would not make me feel reassured. In fact, it would really bother me!

Quoting rugratsmommy4:

I'd feel hurt and kick his ass for even thinking about it!  If his heart is truly with you he would never even think about cheating.  So glad my DH is content and happily married to me and as he puts it "No one is worth me paying Child Support or losing the love of my life."

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
furbabymum
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 3:44 PM

How would I know about it? Was he stupid enough to admit it? lol

My DH attempted to have an affair but it turns out I'm the only one stupid enough to sleep with him. :P I consider it to be a real affair.

Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 3:47 PM

I am sure you know the answer to your question

Monsita
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Knowing that your love one was thinking about it....may HURTS big time! Knowing he stopped himself for going with those thoughts may help to see HE HAS GOOD MORAL VALUES.....
beeky
by Alexandra on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Betrayed.

villagemamma
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I would be hurt and take it as a very sever warning that something was wrong and needed to change in our relationship. i would be very glad he hadnt actually done it because i dont think i could ever forgive that,

HappyGirl77
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:44 PM

I would be beyond hurt...been there done that...WON"T do it again!

It is never to late to be what you might have been ~George Eliot~

Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent ~Eleanor Roosevelt~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)