Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG!! Can I get just a few hours of quiet so I can study???

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:00 AM
  • 6 Replies

I just wanted a few hours to study in peace and damn quiet. I could not sleep so I got up and came downstairs to study since my hubby was asleep. I hardly ever get ot study at my desk because he is always on that damn xbox and my desk is in the living room(small Apt.). So I have been studying upstairs in the bedroom which is very uncomfortable.

So, I get downstairs and I manage to get a full 45min to myself before he realized I was not next to him. He comes downstairs and sees that the tv is off, which it never is and he turns on the fucking xbox and now all I hear is gunshots and tanks and corny ass music in the background. I honestly thought he was kidding years ago when he said he can not sleep without touching me. I mean the man has been up for over 24 hrs and he will not sleep if I am not in the room. It's getting ridculous. He saw that I was studying and just had no consideration at all.

I am studying for my associates degree in Health Information Technology and right now I am taking Medical Terminology, and that is an easy class but there are TONS of medical terms that I need to memorize.

I love him more than anything but damn, he is always up under me. I need some space to myself. We don't have a car and no money for me to take the bus to library. He hurt himself in feb, by tripping down the stairs and dislocating his knee. So, yeah he has been home since FEB, and we have been together damn near 24hrs a freakin day, I can't even go to the fucking grocery store without him following me. I AM LOSING MY MIND!!!

I just needed to vent a little. Now he won't go back upstairs until I do!! Grrrr! Headphones don't work to block that shit out either.

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Invest in some Bose noise cancelling headphones. $225, but worth every penny.

I get it, I totally do. I don't think some husbands, (mine included), understand the real need for some personal space. Mine wants to be around me all of the time, on one hand it's sweet, on the other it's annoying as hell. 

BeiberHATER
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:23 AM

at least SOMEONE understands how I feel.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Invest in some Bose noise cancelling headphones. $225, but worth every penny.

I get it, I totally do. I don't think some husbands, (mine included), understand the real need for some personal space. Mine wants to be around me all of the time, on one hand it's sweet, on the other it's annoying as hell. 

furbabymum
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Did you tell him you needed him to go away so you can study? Men don't mind read. They're too dense for that. At the very least he should have muted the volume or put headphones on himself. My DH uses headphones to game because if he woke the kids up at night I'd probably murder him.

BeiberHATER
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:53 AM

yes I told him I needed to study, he just lowered the volume to the tv and it didn't help. He knows I need quiet when I study.

Quoting furbabymum:

Did you tell him you needed him to go away so you can study? Men don't mind read. They're too dense for that. At the very least he should have muted the volume or put headphones on himself. My DH uses headphones to game because if he woke the kids up at night I'd probably murder him.

furbabymum
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:01 AM

You must be being too nice then. lol I come off as a real bitch here I suppose. I just don't have any real DH complaints as I don't put up with this kind of crap and he knows it.

Quoting BeiberHATER:

yes I told him I needed to study, he just lowered the volume to the tv and it didn't help. He knows I need quiet when I study.

Quoting furbabymum:

MagicTemptation
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:06 PM
I second the headphones idea. Either for you or him. They do have headphones for the xbox
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)