Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids show you how strong or weak your relationship really is.

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:36 PM
  • 1 Replies
2 moms liked this

Our DS is 2. He really is like sandpaper for our marriage. Sanding off all the rough spots and showing us blemishes so we can fill in the holes. (Can you tell I've been building things lately ;) ) Yesterday we were at the grocery store and he was just going a bit nuts. He wanted to sit on the handle of the cart with his feet in the seat. Needless to say that wasn't happening. So he threw a huge fit because he's 2 and that's what 2 year olds do. Wasn't a biggie though. We split. DH finished the shopping and handled DD while I handled DS. This morning more of the same. DS didn't want to get dressed and while I was chasing him about DD rolled over for the first time, right off the couch. So I spent the rest of the morning comforting DD while DH wrangled DS, bathed him and got him ready to go.

Sometimes DH just starts to annoy me. You know how it is, the little things. Then DS happens and I realize how great we really are together. Seemless in our efficiency and care. At this point we meld together so well I don't even have to ask. DH stepped right in this morning when he saw my need. (He was in the shower when DD rolled off the couch. Lesson learned there!)

Anyway, kids have caused a lot of conflict in my siblings relationships. Loads of disagreements and mothers resenting fathers there. I can't say we have that issue. If anything having a nutty 2 year old running about has made us 10x stronger. Which reminds me of our zoo trip which we were super excited about. DS LOVES animals. Well clearly he just loves books on animals as they freaked him out at the zoo and he was inconsolable the entire time we were there. We ended up sitting on a bench holding hands while DS melted down on the grass and people passed by staring. Nothing like war to make a couple bond, or fracture.

I guess all the posts about inequal distribution of labor among the sexes inspired this post. Also, I'm rambling. It's a gift. 

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
MagicTemptation
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:11 PM

It's awesome when couples are on the same page with the kids and working together. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)