Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Funniest moments on your wedding day

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:53 AM
  • 16 Replies
I figure weddings bring happiness and good times along with unforgettable funny moments.

-my sisters pretty much diving for the bouquet and football pile. Oldest sister caught it

-pretty much drunken karaoke to Jackson five songs and ray Charles song with females from my family

-teach my no rhythm having dh to line dance and feel the music
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KendallsMommee
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:55 AM
Ummmm.....

Dh rushing back to work after dropping me off at home.

We got married at the courthouse on his lunch break.....lol.
shadow_lark
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:56 AM
After the wedding when we got our pictures back Dh saw that I got fried chicken before the ceremony. He was like, wtf! I didn't get fried chicken!

On the day itself it was probably when we were all signing the certificate and I missed the chair. I had so much skirt I miss judged where the chair was in relation to my butt and landed on the floor lol
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:23 PM

I was running around the church (still in my robe - hadn't put the dress on yet) trying to get last minute things done.  My DH was standing outside the men's room with his best man, about to go in and get ready.. when my little brother comes up to me and lets it slip that DH got pulled over for speeding to the church. 

I yell, "WHAT?" which echoed off the church walls and you can see DH scrambling to get into the bathroom so I didn't yell at him LOL.

It was comical..  but he didn't get a ticket.  The police man saw his tux in the backseat and saw how nervous DH was and wished him luck instead of giving him a ticket LOL.

The preacher/family friend who married us was praying over our rings and he dropped DH's ring.  Everyone thought it would be a bad sign and he felt so horrible for it.  I didn't think anything of it, just bent over and slipped it on DH's finger.  We're still here almost 10 years later.  No worries.

BonitaM
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this

DH kept saying I do before the JP finished the whole spiel.  I bit my tongue so hard not to burst out in laughter. 

MommyKir
by Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 2:30 PM

We had a simply outdoor wedding but... our parents walked on the wrong song(it was THEIR song they should have walked on lmao) my sister forgot to take my flowers once I walkedd down she just looked at me and said "what did my make up run?" lol I didn't hear a line and loudly asked "what?" I nearly tripped after i turned around and stepped on my dress. oh it was a disaster but funny as heck. OH and My youngest who was barely two at the time tried to stop the kiss and was yelled gross. And he kept trying to push me away from the photos so he could get pictures with daddy. Our oldest refused to be in photos since he wasn't allowed to stand in between us while we exchanged vows. It was soo hectic but we laugh about it now.

MamaMoopsie
by Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Funny moments:

~During the ceremony when our wedding officiant, who also happens to be like a second mom to me, is being long winded and DH and I just started giggling and couldn't stop and she says "Hey now, this is serious business, you're getting married here," and we just full out laughed and neither of us is sure why.

~Our two year old daughter was one of our flower girls, she saw us holding hands, so she came over and stood next to Daddy and held one of his hands while I held the other.

~I was 15 weeks pregnant when we got married and my bump was starting to pop out, so, of course the sexy undies I was wearing under my dress kept sliding off my bump and driving me nuts. So my BFF and I went into the bathroom and she held my dress up so I could wiggle out of my undies, then I went out and stuffed them in DH's pants pocket. He turned beet red when he figured out what they were.

~My Dad cut in when we were dancing...except not to dance with me. He danced with my husband! Lots of laughter there.

DKk0531
by Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 3:17 PM
we were running late and my dad took dd to dh hotel room so they could leave, well we thought they were already gone so we went down to valet to meet the limo, and theres dh and dd waiting for valet to bring the car...so im crouched on the ground, hiding behind everyone in a poofy white dress so he wouldnt see me then liked darted into the limo when they opened the door lol.

then dh got lost on the way to the church...seriously its two turns and one street. he was over an hr late

then when we kissed his flower fell off his tux

dd refused to walk down the aisle ahead of me so i had to walk like 5 steps behind her

dh forgot what to repeat after the minister and said wait what..everyone laughed.
BunnyFlick
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Mum asking me loudly if I wasn't hungry because I have "tummy trouble" like I'm 5.

Or DH going bright red when his brother told the story of him dressing up as a fairy, or covering his hair in clothes pegs.

Or my maid of honour telling everyone how she told me off for eating sweets in school when we first met (we were 8).

Or the fact that during the rehearsal we were told we wouldn't be giggling on the day...and we did! :)

AtiFreeFalls
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 3:21 PM

We were all running late, the entire bridal party.  My mom was speeding, trying to get to the ceremony before everyone packed up and left lol.  She got a speeding ticket in sight of the ceremony and we got pictures.  It was hilarious.

DKk0531
by Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 3:27 PM
oh ya...at dinner...we didnt have an actual reception just went to dinner. but we were leaving and some guys were congratualting us and dh was trying to talk to them, still holding my hand, dd holding my other hand and trying to gp down the stairs, i ended up skipping a few steps and tripping over my heels (only time ever in my life) under my dress got all tangled in the heel and tore the underskirt...that was embarrising
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)