Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Is it too much to ask?

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 10:36 PM
  • 67 Replies
1 mom liked this
That my husband take a night or two off from work when I am having severe knee/leg pain and swelling and the urgent care doc doesn't know why? I was told to stay off of my leg as much as possible. We have a 5 & 7 year old so it's not like I can just go sit on the couch and not move. I literally have to be deathly ill for my husband to take a night off and it makes me feel like crap. He has great benefits at work and has like 100 sick days saved up. He can use them for himself or an immediate family member. I know he's worried about thrm having to call someone in to cover him and he doesn't want to ruin somebodies day off. I think that's commendable but I really need to come first once in a while :(
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsfitz05
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 10:51 PM

I'm torn on this. If you don't ask frequently and it really is serious then maybe he should take off if he can. But if it's any danger to his job, that is a different story.

mismaggie
by Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting mrsfitz05:

I'm torn on this. If you don't ask frequently and it really is serious then maybe he should take off if he can. But if it's any danger to his job, that is a different story.

I guess the thing is that I never ask him to. I really would like for him to just say that he knows I need him and he's going to stay and help out. I don't have sick time, I can't take time off, I'm a SAHM .
2lilmamas
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 4:33 AM
Just telk him. Its only for a day or two. I hope you feel better.
DieselsMom
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 5:00 AM

so hire a sitter to come sit with you and help the kids? a family member maybe?

AMRios
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 5:07 AM
1 mom liked this

You have a 5 nd 7 year old... Yes your butt could sit on the couch... Your husband needs to work!

AMRios
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 5:08 AM
2 moms liked this

Her kids are 5 and 7.. They are plenty old enough to fix a PB&J and play until Daddy gets home! 

Quoting DieselsMom:

DieselsMom
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 5:15 AM

My 7 year old would not be fixing anything...they are KIDS and need to be CARED for....she can find someone to help her so her husband doesn't have to take off....

Quoting AMRios:

Her kids are 5 and 7.. They are plenty old enough to fix a PB&J and play until Daddy gets home! 

Quoting DieselsMom:

kathy101393
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 5:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes her husband should take a day off not only for you gut for the kids

Quoting DieselsMom:

My 7 year old would not be fixing anything...they are KIDS and need to be CARED for....she can find someone to help her so her husband doesn't have to take off....

Quoting AMRios:

Quoting DieselsMom:

kathy101393
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 5:22 AM
But*
AMRios
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 5:23 AM
3 moms liked this

Your 7 year old can not make a PB&J?? If your 7 year old needs his ass wiped I would say you need to rething your parenting approach! If she was dying and leaving a 7 year old to fin for himself for the rest of his life that is a different story... But if she sits on the couch and the 7 year old makes lunch until Daddy gets home at 5 that shouldn't be a problem! Maybe dad could even put last nights dinner in containers and the kids could just reheat it... That way mom gets lunch too!  

Quoting DieselsMom:

Quoting AMRios:

Quoting DieselsMom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)