Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

how nervous were you before your wedding?

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 1:27 PM
  • 51 Replies
So my bf and I have talked about marriage a few times. We broke up for a couple of months and then got back together. Not sure if that info matters or not lol but we are sure now that we want to get married. Hes always wanted to wait til I had a ring but now he's suggesting we get married on 10/31. Love the idea of a halloween wedding even if we just went ti the court house. But that's so soon! Lol I started freaking out a little. Nothing is set in stone, but the options there. Was wondering how nervous you ladies got before getting married, even with more planning than myself.
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
som610
by Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 1:35 PM

I wasn't nervous at all. I knew within a week of us dating that he was who I was going to marry and it was 10 months before we get married.

AtiFreeFalls
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this

A little nervous, but mostly because things were derailing quickly regarding the ceremony.  I was sick (REALLY sick!) with bruised ribs from coughing so hard.  Worst flu I've ever had.  The sister supposed to do my hair and makeup never made it to the house, I was running late, everyone busted in while I was trying to put my dress on and nothing was going right.  I was late to the ceremony, my mom got pulled over for speeding in sight of the venue and the reverend woudln't do a rehearsal prior... so we didn't really know what to do. 

It was a hard day, but I wasn't nervous about getting married, just about the whole plan caving in lol. 

What about marriage makes you nervous?  These feeling are totally normal!  If you talk about it, you might feel better :)

Lost22
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this

My DH and I had only been dating for 4 months and living together for 2 weeks before we got married. I had just graduated high school and he was 24 at the time. I was SO nervous!! I kept asking myself if I was doing the right thing? Would we make it? Yada yada. It was like that the entire time I was getting ready. Then, when I started walking down the aisle and our eyes met, all of those doubts and worries just sort of vanished. I knew we were going to be okay. We've been married for four years now and we've had 2 kids. We've had our ups and downs and there was a brief time when we were both considering a divorce (of course we were homeless at the time and living with MY parents, that didn't help at all). But we decided to stay together and work it out. It's still a little bumpy at times, but we haven't considered the "D" word since then. We are happy and know that since we made it through that ordeal, we can make it through anything with a little work. :D Best of luck to you guys!

tifbrown
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I wasn't nervous. I didn't for one second question or second guess our decision. I was eager and excited. I guess maybe a little nervous to stand up in front of a crowd of people and make speeches, but not about the actual marriage aspect. However, lots of people get nervous and cold feet. Questioning and answering helps to solidify your decision. If you aren't ready, don't do it.
xoxRachelxox
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 2:07 PM

I was only nervous about walking down the aisle in front of all those people. I don't like crowds and I don't like all the attention on me. I wasn't worried that I was marrying the right person or making the right choice because I knew I was. It was just having to be the center of attention.

LuvsHopesDreams
by Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I started to get more nervous the closer we got to our wedding--especially the last couple of weeks. I couldn't believe how stressed I was--so many details that I got wound up about--I tend not to deal with stress in the healthiest of ways. Once I got to the front of the church, though, and looked into his eyes I was okay.
anotherandree
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:21 PM
2 moms liked this

Wasn't nervous in the least!  We did a courthouse ceremony and I didn't think twice!  That was 11 years ago and we are still amazingly happy!

1st_time_mom789
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:22 PM

I wasn't nervous at all before my wedding until right before I walked down the aisle. I was shaking and holding back tears at the same time lol. But I also threw my wedding together in five months. We had to find a DJ, photographer, caterer and such within five months time and that was nerve wrecking. DH and I decided to get married a year and a half earlier than we initally intended to in FL (we live in NJ) so my mother could marry us. We had a nice turn out. 

We will be having a vow renewel probably once we have been married for five years, so in five years lol and invite everyone, because when we got married in June we only invited a small amount of people. 

mrsniebo
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:51 PM

I wasn't nervous in the least- I couldn't wait to really start my life together with my best friend. If I could redo it, I probably would have opted for a courthouse wedding, since our wedding wasn't well attended anyway and while the wedding coordinators at the venue made it really easy to plan a wedding in 5 months, they were rude to our guests.

Fayanne
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Quoting xoxRachelxox:

I was only nervous about walking down the aisle in front of all those people. I don't like crowds and I don't like all the attention on me.

This.

Wasn't worried about the actual marriage.

(no happy endings on this, after many many years, we ended up divorcing)

Life is divine chaos
Embrace it.  Forgive  yourself.   Breathe
           And enjoy the ride....   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)