Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

When you were young did you dream of being a wife and a mom?

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 5:12 AM
  • 48 Replies

Did you always want to be a wife and a mom?  When I was younger I was always boy crazy and wanted to have a long term bf but I didn't really ever want kids and marriage wasn't that important to me at the time.  Funny how we change as we get older and I can't think of a better job in the world than being a wife and a mom.

by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 5:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jamamama00
by Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 5:15 AM
1 mom liked this
No. I actually thought I was a boy and my parents were convinced I was a lesbian. Which worked out great later on because I could run around with guys and my parents had no idea I was getting laid. During college I went 180 and got way in touch with my feminine side. Now no one ever believes that I used to be a tomboy.
Gmgej
by Michele on Aug. 20, 2013 at 6:03 AM
1 mom liked this

No it wasn't what I wanted but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Lucky2BaMomof2
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 6:09 AM
I dreamt of being a mom. 6 kids. But never aren't of being a wife or having a male in my life.. It just want in my dreams.. Lol.. My family thought I was crazy, lol
smalltownmom03
by Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 6:15 AM
I wanted 12 kids until I was in the room with my bff when she gave birth. That changed my mind real quick. After that I decided that I didnt want any kids. I was 15 (she was 17) when that happened and I was 21 before I had my first. Seeing that was the best birth control ever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Aug. 20, 2013 at 6:23 AM

I was boy crazy chasing cute little boys around to kiss them starting at age 4. lol

As for being a mom and wife, YES ever since I can  remember (which is age 3) while I did occasionally daydream of being this or that, what I have always wanted passionately more than anything was to be married to someone I love and be a full time stay at home mom.

I even pretended my dolls were alive (idea I got from reading too many raggedy ann and andy books lol) to the point I treated them like they were real babies and for example once when me and my little sister and best friend were having a picnic with our dolls, and a swarm of bees came, we ran away screaming, once we got to safety I turned around and screamed "MY BABIES!!" and ran back into the bees to save my "kids" lol

Then because of my messed up emotional health and desparation to have someone to love me and to love back I started purposely trying to get pregnant at 13 but am glad due to having endometriosis wasn't successful at that until I was 18 and used an ovulation prediction test to help.

I LOVED being a mom since day 1. It's the most important thing I will ever do is raising those 5 kids to be the adults they turned out to be.

YVONNE

deadlights86
by Emily on Aug. 20, 2013 at 7:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Nope. I never wanted to have kids or get married. I wanted to travel around the world. I got everything I never wanted.
charley31
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:11 AM
Nope. While the girls were playing house I was digging for worms. I always said I wanted to focus on career. I disliked children. Then I was 23 and dh had been together for 5yrs. He wanted marriage and kids. I loved him and married him 2yrs later. I knew dh was for me but i wanted us to work hard and party hard. After we married i realized I do like kids. It's their parents I dislike. Now we have our beautiful son Ryan who will be 3yr in oct and son #2 in dec. I couldn't be happier. My friends from my childhood still say they can't believe in the one with a family and settled down.
Mommabearbergh
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:17 AM
Honestly I know I wanted to be married I had it planned out in high school. The song I walked down the aisle to was a song I picked my freshman year of high school. I didn't think I would have kids though.
.Peaches.
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Yes, I've always known that I wanted to be a mom and a wife. My sister is more career oriented, but personally, I could take it or leave it.

The part that wasn't consistant for me was whether I'd be with a man or a woman, but come to find it, it's with a man.

PinkButterfly66
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Nope, I didn't want to get married or have any kids at all.  My folks divorced when I was young and I guess that affected my outlook.  I didn't get married until I was in my 30's.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)