Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Family Reunions

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:24 AM
  • 19 Replies
When was the last time you went to one?
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmama1
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Dh's side of the family had one every year.
Texasladybug84
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Hubby's family has one every year but no one mentions it to us..
Bmama1
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:38 AM
:-(

Quoting Texasladybug84:

Hubby's family has one every year but no one mentions it to us..
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Aug. 24, 2013 at 2:08 PM

19 yrs ago on my moms side of family because Its a lot of work to put one together for my moms side of the family it's soooooo exceptionally HUGE and scattered all over. Just an overwhelming amount of people. Mom was 2nd youngest of 15 and they spread like wildfire after that lol

On my dad's side it was about 8 yrs ago but it was for a funeral not an official family reunion.

YVONNE

Bmama1
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 2:16 PM
My mom's side of they family is huge too! She was the youngest of 7. I have so many cousins. Lol. Amazingly we all, for the most part, have stayed in the same state.

Quoting earthangel1967:

19 yrs ago on my moms side of family because Its a lot of work to put one together for my moms side of the family it's soooooo exceptionally HUGE and scattered all over. Just an overwhelming amount of people. Mom was 2nd youngest of 15 and they spread like wildfire after that lol

On my dad's side it was about 8 yrs ago but it was for a funeral not an official family reunion.

madhouseof5
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 2:18 PM
don't have a big family
My older sons coming home this weekend and hubbys Grans coming for a couple of days So guess that's as big as family reunions get really
squeekers
“The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life. Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof.”— Richard David Bach (born 1936) Writer
26 minutes ago
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 2:50 PM

haven't had any family reunions that I'm aware of. the extended family has had some in northern California. my dad's extended family had family reunion in parts of Ohio.

godsgirl26
by Silver Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 2:58 PM
I dont know. On my moms side of the family they don't like me so I never go if they do have one. On my dads side they are always throwing gatherings. But I choose not to be around my uncles.
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Aug. 24, 2013 at 3:04 PM

I remember when my grandpa died when I was 18 (my moms dad who I was super close to) I had 100 cousins THEN... now that I am almost 46 there are sooooo many I cant possibly even guess how many. lol

Quoting Bmama1:

My mom's side of they family is huge too! She was the youngest of 7. I have so many cousins. Lol. Amazingly we all, for the most part, have stayed in the same state.

Quoting earthangel1967:

YVONNE

momtomy7kids
by Michelle on Aug. 24, 2013 at 3:12 PM

We haven't had any in quite a few years, I think about 2006 was the last time we had one.

Michelle
Mom to 8
Emily, Jordan, Sara, Jason, Aiden, Chloe, Nick and Cody 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN