Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Happy

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:38 AM
  • 17 Replies
Long story,...... Well i finally broke up with my SO a few weeks back. Because he was a very heavy drinker. Well hes not anymore. Hes 3 weeks sober. He went to AA meeting a couple of days ago. Hes back to himself again. Well i did was wrong too. So we agreed to put the past behind us and start over. We are working things out. I couldnt be happier and his dad is coming home today :) :)
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmama1
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:43 AM
That is great! I hope he can keep up with his sobriety!
CJsMommy92
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Quoting Bmama1:

That is great! I hope he can keep up with his sobriety!

Join us if you like Anime :) We talk about much more than just anime. We play games, write short stories, read books together and much more if you'd like to join. Even if you're new to Anime we'd love to have you in our group. We are a no drama group.

Texasladybug84
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:18 AM
It's possible my hubby got sober a year before we met up again and he's a great hubby!! He doesn't even drink now if we go out he asks if he can get a beer.. But that's been twice in two years and I don't mind :)
everydaymom08
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Thanks guys.....
GarysWife1991
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Congrats!  Just keep supporting him on his way to recovery.

everydaymom08
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Thanks

Quoting GarysWife1991:

Congrats!  Just keep supporting him on his way to recovery.

tifbrown
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Hope he can stay on the path to recovery and that you guys can rebuild a strong bond and be happy together. I also hope that if he backslides you will reevaluate and decide what you have to do to be happy. 

beeky
by Alexandra on Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:22 PM

That's great news.  Tell him to keep up the good work.

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:48 PM

congratulationsgood luckin love

It is possible! My husband Todd admitted to me when I met him online dating that he was an alcoholic for years but that he was really proud of himself because she sobered up  to take full custody of his daughter away from his ex who was a horrible mom (and lived across the country) and  he had his daughter and stayed sober for a full 1 1/2 yrs at that time. Even though I was proud of him and liked everything else about him it made me hesitant to even go on a date with him for fear what if something in life ever goes really bad,.. will he slip back into drinking to "cope" I couldnt risk that for me or my kids if we ever got serious. After 3 months of talking online and on phone (and in meantime he also gave up chewing tobacco just to even go on  one date with me bc I wouldnt date anyone who chewed either).. I went out with him and we have been inseparable ever since.

We did live together and date awhile and go thru some stressful times life threw out way BEFORE I would marry him and he never got drunk one time so I started to trust him a lot more. Now 10 yrs later Todd still never had been drunk or buzzed one time even when he lost his job and we lost our house and his mom died and other hard times. I don't even worry about it anymore. : )

I hope things work out that well for you two also!

So proud of you s/o for getting sober, I wish you both the best

YVONNE

AlannaMaria
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 3:03 PM
That's great news!! Keep up the good work :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN