Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Thinking about eloping in

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 11:04 AM
  • 24 Replies
In vegas.. Just the two of us!
I would love a big fancy wedding but with 3 kids i dont want the drama or the DEBT!!! ...
And this way its a special day just about US!!!!

And then after maybe we can have a cocktail/appetizers at home with family and friends!

...i still want my beach honeymoon tho!!! I want to swim with dolphins and snorkel! Lol

.... Has anyone else eloped???!!!!!?!
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GarysWife1991
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 11:17 AM

I think that sounds like fun, enjoy yourselves and congratulations.

orchardmoma
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Yep we went to Las Vegas! 23 years later!!! I don't regret it

LeeAnnMcKinney
by Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 11:42 AM

yep went to the court house like u didnt want the drama.

michelles89
by Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 11:49 AM
My dh and I decided that since everyone kept trying to plan our wedding for us to go to the courthouse. We invited close family and most showed up. It was a nice small wedding and my sister and brother and dad threw a surprise reception at a local pizza place it was nice
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chillemi78
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Why not get married in your dream beach honeymoon spot? If you want to keep it simple, just avoid planning a trip to Vegas, then a honeymoon and do it all at once. Either way, congrats and enjoy it!
AlannaMaria
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Sounds fun to me :)
DKk0531
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep. We eloped in vegas. Only been 9 months lol, i dont regret it. We were going to have a big wedding but mil started being controlling and changing everything WE wanted so we said f it and told everyone we are going to vegas come if you want or dont whatever. It was us, dd, my parents, my brother, my aunt and her bf, my other aunt and uncle, a cousin, mil and dh uncle. It was nice.
DKk0531
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:06 PM

BlessedAgain3
by Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Ive thought about that, but i like the idea that vegas has webcams so everyone can still see us get married .. Ill deff keep the idea in mind tho! Thx

Quoting chillemi78:

Why not get married in your dream beach honeymoon spot? If you want to keep it simple, just avoid planning a trip to Vegas, then a honeymoon and do it all at once. Either way, congrats and enjoy it!

Armywifeholcomb
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 2:18 PM
We got married exactly 2 wks after he formally proposed. JP came to our house and what family could make it and a couple close friends were there. It was so spur of the most of our family wasn't there but we had fun!
I totally get the not wanting to go through huge wedding with kids (6 kids between us!) as long as you're happy, that's what matters! Lol I like the honeymoon idea pp had! Heck we still haven't had one!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)