Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else going to marriage counseling?

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 7:03 PM
  • 15 Replies

If so, what have you been learning? My husband and I have been learning how to dialogue and have also been doing things such as 3-30 second hugs per day, 3-30 second gazing, saying 3 appreciations a day, and 10 minute makeout sessions 3 days a week. We are also reading Getting the Love You Want by Harville Hendricks. We have also been going for two months. I used to be horrible at communicating, but now I can also share more of my feelings and allow myself to express them. We also learned our 5 love languages. It has been very interesting so far.

Rose <3 Hugo 02/24/2011

Marguerite 02/02/2011

by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Texasladybug84
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Good for you guys!! I know many couples who should be going to counseling but the hubby usually won't go..so cudos to him.
lillybug222
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 8:24 PM
We went for a couple months once & sure didn't gain that much. It seems your time is worthwhile.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BatMom.
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 8:30 PM
No, and although we should be, it's a bad idea.
echoedsentiment
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Me and my dh are newly weds and still do marriage counseling to help us through our first year, learning different ways we can keep our relationship a live and not get so soaked into personal wants and such. We do our counseling with the guy who married us and he is awesome.

charley31
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 8:44 PM
We did counseling before. We have been together for 12yrs and hit a rough patch. It was bad. Lots of issues and we both were dealing with our sons health issues differently. Thank god we did the counseling. We both worked hard, learned new communication techniques, and with time we are better and stronger than ever. Best of luck to you.
NDADanceMom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:26 PM
We were but my husband has issues from his childhood that have nothing to do with me. The therapist decided he needed to work on himself so i don't go anymore.
I didn't get much out of it but he has been learning to be vulnerable
MagicTemptation
by Christina on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Not marriage counseling but we are doing a relationship workshop. 

TommyAbby
by Melissa on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:50 AM

Why??

Quoting BatMom.:

No, and although we should be, it's a bad idea.

indymom72
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:53 AM

Yep, we've gone off and on for the ten years we've been together.  It's helped us a lot.

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Sounds like it's going well.  (=

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)