Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

how long til u remarried

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 12:29 AM
  • 6 Replies
For those who were in a long term relationship whether it was marriage, hand fasting or moving in together and divorced or got out of it when u met someone else how long was it til u got remarried, moved in together or however u made it another long term relationship. Did he propose? How long did it take?
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
earthangel1967
Happy Sept! I changed my siggy & profile for Sept. This month I'll be spending time in Love & Marriage & Frugalistas & Everyday Family Ideas groups. See you there! :D
Today at 1:35 AM
by YVONNE on Aug. 27, 2013 at 12:42 AM

1. From the day I told my ex husband of 16 yrs I wanted a divorce to the day it was finalized in court was 1 yr (that is required in MI when you have kids) I didnt date at all during that time to focus on me and my 4 kids as top priorities.

2. The day the divorce was finalized at 1 yr I put up dating profiles online and started dating a lot of different guys casually but didnt allow any of them to meet my kids. 2 months into that just ONE of the  guys I met online I talked to him online and by phone for 3 months before agreeing to go on first date with him. 5 months into online dating I went on 1st date with him. We were exclusive from that day onward.

3. 7 months after our 1st date we bought a house together for us and my 4 kids and his 1 daughter we had full custody of all 5 and loved and raised them as OUR 5.

4. with secret permission from our kids he proposed to me on our 1 yr anniversary of our 1st date (we'd been living together 5 months at that point).

5. We set our wedding date 14 months later because we both wanted to get married in sept and I  wanted enough time to plan our dream  wedding.

We've been together beyond happily  ever after for 10 yrs now and our kids are grown and on their own and being empty nesters feels like a never ending honeymoon.

YVONNE

MrsHayward1
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 1:42 AM
Two years
Dreamly
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:52 AM

Ok. My husband and I separated in the summer of 2011. I met my current husband in Feb 2012. We moved in with each other in April 2012. Got married July 2012. It's a funny story, I accidentlly proposed to him. We both worked nights together. We were texting one day (still living apart at this time) and I was watching Roseanne, the episode when Darlene gets married. So, I was texting him saying it's time to get married. I was supposed to say ready as in ready for work, but the show distracted me and I put married instead. He said ok. I actually freaked out thinking that he wasn't going to talk to me anymore, but when he said ok I was like huh?? lol. Needless to say, I'm so damn glad I made that "mistake." heheheh

mommab1973
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 4:18 PM

I was married almost 13 yrs. My divorce was final in Sept. 2009.  I met my now husband in May 2009 but we were just good friends however we decided to get serious after my divorce.  He asked me to marry him Nov. 2009,  I accepted.  We moved in together in Jan. 2010.  We didn't get married until July 2012.  My ex however moved his woman in a couple of weeks after I officially moved out and remarried one month after our divorce was final..LOL...

gmadiane
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 4:26 PM

year and a half

WatchmansMoon
by New Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 5:05 PM

As you can see from the varied answers, it may depend more on where you are yourself and how ready you are for a new relationship.  Sometimes friends and loved ones are a better judge if we're ready than we are ourselves, since they can look more objectively. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)