Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Paragard

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 11:07 AM
  • 31 Replies

Anyone with stories on this the good the bad or the ugly? Im having trouble with choosing a BC method..never really had to in the past since it took my hubby and me 5 years to get pregnant and the only 2 times that I have been pregnant was through medical intervention. First one was clomid but miscarried and second was 1 round of IUI with Femara and now have a 7 month old son. Part of me doesn't want to get on BC but I think its for the best right now. Im very sensitive to hormones so this was my only option to choose from so to put my mind at ease Im turning to you ladies! Thanks in advance

by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SLGross215
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I've had it for 3 yrs with no problems. I love it.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Aug. 27, 2013 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this
No BC here. Sorry you are having so much trouble!
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Aug. 27, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Hey lady!
Do you think you'll do something permanent?

Quoting SLGross215:

SLGross215
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 11:36 AM

I was going to originally, but Mike got a little upset about it because he wanted more children. I had already made up my mind that I was done having children after our loss a little over 3 yrs ago. I went with the paragard because it was hormone free and lasts for 10 yrs. After the 10 yrs is up I'll be going to have my tubes tied. Mike is now on the same page with me about not having anymore kids.

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Hey lady!

Quoting SLGross215:

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Aug. 27, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Michael has the "V". :-)

Quoting SLGross215:

I was going to originally, but Mike got a little upset about it because he wanted more children. I had already made up my mind that I was done having children after our loss a little over 3 yrs ago. I went with the paragard because it was hormone free and lasts for 10 yrs. After the 10 yrs is up I'll be going to have my tubes tied. Mike is now on the same page with me about not having anymore kids.

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Hey lady!

Quoting SLGross215:

SLGross215
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Mine will be doing that too. Double protection lol.

Even though I have the paragard, we still use condoms. I DO NOT want any oopsies.

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Michael has the "V". :-)

Quoting SLGross215:

AlannaMaria
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Bump! My tubes are tied..
hiba84
by Hiba on Aug. 27, 2013 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Never used BC. Here's a bump for you though :-)
gatormommy4114
by New Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I got one after my 5 year old was born... I had to get it taken out last July because it shifted and was causing me pain. I now take pills, which I hate because they give me migraines and make me fat. :( I loved having the paragard before it messed up, though

lanceandhailey
by Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I've had it for about a year and a half now with no problems.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN