Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Do you keep letters and memorabilia from past relationships?

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:13 PM
  • 93 Replies
2 moms liked this
Why or why not?
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BatMom.
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:24 PM
No way. I don't hold onto the past in the relationship aspect.
kidlover2
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:27 PM
2 moms liked this
I hold on to a few things because we were in high school together and shared 10 years together so it would be a large chunk out of my life... Plus I'm holding on to a few things for my daughters.
allmy3girls
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:31 PM
2 moms liked this

actually  I didnt have a past love that was that romantic to give me stuff, I did have a  cuddly pink teddy bear from a past and when I got over him I donated the bear....I however have ALL the cards and sweet love notes from my husband saved in a box.......!

AlannaMaria
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:34 PM
I do too!! I'm planning on making a little book of all our stuff when we started dating. I have every email saved that he has written me too :)

Quoting allmy3girls:

actually  I didnt have a past love that was that romantic to give me stuff, I did have a  cuddly pink teddy bear from a past and when I got over him I donated the bear....I however have ALL the cards and sweet love notes from my husband saved in a box.......!

AlannaMaria
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:36 PM
I have pictures I saved from my past relationship because of my DD. I have them saved for her. Mostly pics of her, me, and her dad together.
allmy3girls
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:39 PM

sometimes when he is away and I miss him I will bring the box and letters out to look at, and one anniversary we went through the box together laughing at some of his cards and trinkets...its  fun...eventually I will get them in a album mine are from 14 yrs back when we first met to last year, he STILL sends me a card for whatever...

Quoting AlannaMaria:

I do too!! I'm planning on making a little book of all our stuff when we started dating. I have every email saved that he has written me too :)

Quoting allmy3girls:

AlannaMaria
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:40 PM
That's super sweet! I love looking at old things and pics!!

Quoting allmy3girls:

sometimes when he is away and I miss him I will bring the box and letters out to look at, and one anniversary we went through the box together laughing at some of his cards and trinkets...its  fun...eventually I will get them in a album mine are from 14 yrs back when we first met to last year, he STILL sends me a card for whatever...

Quoting AlannaMaria:

Quoting allmy3girls:

MommyDearest__
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:44 PM
2 moms liked this
HELL NO! No need to. I have a husband and any other man I've been with has no part of our life... so why hold on to them with thoughts??? Not to mention, if my husband saw something; he would be pissed; as would I, if it were the other way around.
michelles89
by Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this
No it's the past for a reason.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtomy7kids
by Michelle on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope, I'm married now, no reason to keep anything from my past relationships.

Michelle
Mom to 8
Emily, Jordan, Sara, Jason, Aiden, Chloe, Nick and Cody 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN