Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Do you feel you can communicate with your SO under any circumstance and about any subject?

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:23 PM
  • 49 Replies
If not, why?
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1squishysmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this

We have a very strong marriage, being married nearly 22 years. I would like to think that I could talk to him about anything, but I have learned through the years that there are some things I just shouldn't bring up. Not because it will cause an argument or anything, but because I would never want to hurt his feelings for anything, ever. Sometimes it just takes "a look".

kidlover2
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Mostly
AlannaMaria
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:32 PM
I do feel I can. Sometimes it may take me a while to bring something up because I question wether or not it's even worth starting something. We have a strong relationship and we communicate about a lot of stuff and my DH is pretty calm and doesn't overreact and flip out when I have an issue with him.
Bertha21
by Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, we always have. :) I love it, I hope we never have communication problems.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
allmy3girls
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this

believe it or not  but  my marraige is solid and strong  I can talk to my husband about ANYTHING no holds barred...if something is troubling me he knows it and vice-versa, we communicate well in any situation, 

LadyBast
by Brenda on Aug. 30, 2013 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Most all things yes but some things are avoided due to him or me it being a very bad topic for one or both of us.. But for the most part yep!

emarin77
by Silver Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, but I always communicate with him at the right time about it.  I've learned lots being married 7 years.

charley31
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:22 PM
I do. He's a laid back whatever kind of guy. We were best friends for a year before we started dating so I already discussed everything with him. Now would he answer this question the same way prob not. I'm 6mo pregnant and I have to admit my hormones are making me a tad crazy. Poor fella has to put up with me. I keep telling him ill be back to my normal fabulous self soon enough lol.
jenesis509
by Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Pretty much some I do gatta think though if I'm being stupid or not Lol but I usually tell him anyways we talk things through like adults we have a good relationship a very open happy one
by Silver Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Yup, for the most part. And if it's a tricky subject then I have to wait for the right time, like a pp said.  He tends to take things way to personally when he shouldnt.

Like tonight I am aplnning on talking to him about an argument he made us get into 2 nights ago in front of friends. (well, not a huge one but the way he acted really pissed me off and I chose not to respond) Not acceptable AT ALL. But I needed to wait till we were both in the right frame of mind. Tonight is good. It should be fine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN