Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Am I overreacting??????

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 9:53 PM
  • 34 Replies

I admit I am a fairly sensitive person....with that said. My husband and I have been married for over two years..just FYI. Ok, recently he had to open a new checking account for an organization he co-founded. My problem is that he used the date of his divorce from last wife as his pin code. I was very upset. He said it was a date he would never forget because his divorce was a blessing. You would think he would use our wedding date, birth of a child, etc. not a date relating to an ex spouse. It caused a pretty big fight between us. I am still reeling from it. Am I overreacting?  

by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuvingMy3Girls
by Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Truthfully it's not something I would be upset about. Now, if he used their old wedding date I would be very mad
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Terrisues
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Thank you for your honesty. :)

kidlover2
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this
This. I too will always remember the date of my divorce because it was such a blessing.

Quoting LuvingMy3Girls:

Truthfully it's not something I would be upset about. Now, if he used their old wedding date I would be very mad
MrsMoretz
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Kind of weird, but if it makes you uncomfortable he should be understanding
MrsMoretz
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Weird that he used the date not that it bothers you
rebeccasmommy09
by Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree with this

Quoting LuvingMy3Girls:

MagicTemptation
by Christina on Aug. 31, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Maybe he sees that date as the rebirth of his new life? To some people the finalizing of a divorce is a huge deal.

mom2jasper
by Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 10:59 PM
You're overreacting. His divorce from his ex wife was a good thing for the two of you. It might have been different if it was his wedding date to her. But regardless, it's a set of numbers that he can remember and that won't be as easy for an identity thief to figure out as your birthday or wedding date or whatever. He didn't do it to hurt you, he did it to protect his account. Most banks advise against using important and easy to find out dates as pins
Bmama1
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 11:00 PM
I don't think it's a big deal.
Bmama1
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Yes, I agree with this.

Quoting mom2jasper:

You're overreacting. His divorce from his ex wife was a good thing for the two of you. It might have been different if it was his wedding date to her. But regardless, it's a set of numbers that he can remember and that won't be as easy for an identity thief to figure out as your birthday or wedding date or whatever. He didn't do it to hurt you, he did it to protect his account. Most banks advise against using important and easy to find out dates as pins
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)