Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im afraid its time to pack...

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:55 AM
  • 8 Replies
My boyfriend and I have been together for 3 years. I'm 20 he is 23. We used to be married but ended up getting a divorce due to him not being there for me( long story. Shortly after the divorce I found out I was pregnant and we decided to give us one last chance. I don't think its going to work even though I want it to. We both work 10am-8pm every day, when I come home I take care of the baby and he plays Xbox. I have begged him to come to bed earlier because i am a light sleeper anf he wakes me up and he plays til 3am every night. I ask him if I can watch cartoons with our daughter (we only have one TV) and he gets mad cause he has to turn off his game. He wont change diapers, he wont put her to sleep, he only feeds her when I make him (still doesn't know how much formula goes in a bottle) he wont kiss me or hug me, and I'm getting depressed. Does anyone have any suggestions to save my family?
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Being together or getting back together for the sake of a child is never a good idea. If you don't have the foundation of a healthy relationship in place before you bring children into it, I'm afraid there isn't much chance of it working out in the long run.

I'm a firm believer in the whole "he's an ex for a reason" thing and not only is your boyfriend an ex, he's an ex husband. It sounds like you already know what to do. I'm sorry honey. (hugs)
polkaspots
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:37 AM
4 moms liked this
You and your daughter aren't his priorities. He goes to work and plays his games.
I don't have any suggestions because I think you're wasting your time on a man that doesn't want the family he has.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZennMomma
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry, but you can't make someone love you.

how stressed would you be if it was you and dd vs the stress you have now....emotionally I mean....

LadyBast
by Brenda on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:57 AM

You have to want to do this both of you not for the child. If you too cannot compromise on small things it is a waste of time.

oap2013
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:03 AM
You deserve better. I think you off better without him. Sounds like he anyways doesnt really have a father daughter relationship.
AlannaMaria
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:04 AM
He honestly doesn't seem to care about you or your daughter. I personally couldn't live like that. Good luck mama.. *hugs*
LClark1973
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:20 AM

I agree with the previous posters. You can not make someone love you. You can not make them a priority if they do not make you one. I have tried this before, and it does not work.

MomToovey
by Marianne on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:24 PM

I agree with this. I'm sorry, momma.

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

Being together or getting back together for the sake of a child is never a good idea. If you don't have the foundation of a healthy relationship in place before you bring children into it, I'm afraid there isn't much chance of it working out in the long run.

I'm a firm believer in the whole "he's an ex for a reason" thing and not only is your boyfriend an ex, he's an ex husband. It sounds like you already know what to do. I'm sorry honey. (hugs)

I'm training for a half marathon! If you'd like to follow my progress from an "All hope is lost" couch potato with a bad knee to a marathon runner, "like" my Page!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)