Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can I kick him out legally?

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:51 AM
  • 20 Replies
Hey all, this is my first post to this board because I've never really known how to explain our minuscule problems. We've been together 3 years, our son just turned 2. We fight about dumb stuff, we've been to couples counseling and were making such awesome headway. Our guy was PERFECT for us, we both loved our session, but the guy lived 2 hours from the office and decided one day he was gonna stay full time at his job in his hometown, rather than make the trek out to this office. We have his number if we decide to drive all the way out there to see him somehow. We looked for a few months for another couples counselor, but the two we tried and wasted insurance on were just ridiculous.

Anyways- we live together. It's my moms house. Since DS was born we've been saving to move out but I recently lost my job. I want him OUT! I'm done done done with this immature shit that goes on everyday. Neither of us work on it so we obviously only force ourselves together for our sons sake. SO is a wonderful, perfect father to our son and it breaks his heart thinking about not seeing DS every day. BUT I can't make that the only reason we stay together anymore.

Can I kick him out? My friend is MARRIED and had two DDs with her 4 year husband and when she tried to kick him out, the city or whoever said she had to give him a certain amount time to get out. Like an eviction because he paid rent and bills for the address. So in the waitin period they ended up getting back together. I want him out NOW. I don't have enough $ to get out by myself. We're not any any assiyance except Medicare for my son. What can I do? He has his parents house a few cities over. He's got money, he can move. He paid rent and utitilies here, as did I, so I know it won't work for me to just boot him out.
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyBast
by Brenda on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Nope if he has lived there a certain amount of time you cannot you can get the courts involved if he has abused you or anyone but I do not know the laws in your state but in FL this is how it works!

OliviaW.
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this
You can't do any since it's not your house. Your mom can though. She'll have to give him a written notice and a appropriate time frame to move. If he doesn't then the courts will need to be involved.
kris0921
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Owner of the property can.
gmoen1977
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:23 PM

You would hve to give notice as in an eviction.  But when he is gone no job no aid how are you going to pay bills.  Obviously there is some responsibility on his part not just immature shit.  Guessing your both also young and this could account for the immature issues.  But even some grown men in their 30's. don't act their age.

phreddy1
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:45 PM

If it's your mom's house, she has the right to kick him out

MomToovey
by Marianne on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:45 PM

I agree with the others, if your mom's the owner, she needs to be the one to kick him out.

xxshelbyxxx
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this
You're saying the only way a woman can kick a boyfriend out of her house if he pays rent is if he's abused her? I don't think so, sorry. If that were true then there'd never be any breakups and every chick would live with the first dude she moved in with.

Quoting LadyBast:

Nope if he has lived there a certain amount of time you cannot you can get the courts involved if he has abused you or anyone but I do not know the laws in your state but in FL this is how it works!

xxshelbyxxx
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:23 PM
Yeah that's what I was hoping I just wanted to make sure. Guess I should've added in my OP that would my MOM would be the one doing all the paperwork cuz it's in her name, but that I just wanted to be sure "we" could.

Quoting OliviaW.:

You can't do any since it's not your house. Your mom can though. She'll have to give him a written notice and a appropriate time frame to move. If he doesn't then the courts will need to be involved.

xxshelbyxxx
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:01 PM
I know, I knew that much, I guess I should've said that in my Op. but I was just wondering about the legal process and you've all confirmed what I've assumed which is that she's got to write an eviction since he's been paying rent for 2 years. I can't just boot him out. :/

Quoting MomToovey:

I agree with the others, if your mom's the owner, she needs to be the one to kick him out.

mrs.hartman12
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Legally, your mom has to evict him if he doesnt leave.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)