Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Pregnant for a man I barely know

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:48 PM
  • 37 Replies

I dont know if I am asking this question in the right place but here we go. This is going to sound crazy....In January of this year I met a sweet guy on a dating website. He seemed pretty cool but the physical attraction was so much more intense than anything we started "dating" for a couple of month and things got heated one night and now im 21 weeks pregnant. When I told him he freaked out and insist that I get an abortion, I refused and gave the choice to leave and I will never speak to him again, he claimed that he wants to be there; anyways since then he's been so mean, he claims we are "together" but he keeps his life a secret. I dont know any of his family, never met his daughter, and we dont go on any dates but its always "youre my girlfriend and I care about you" he shows no intention of taking care of this child, he doesnt go to any appointments, and it took him forever, and lots of fight to meet my family. He is always asking me for money, food, etc...this an emotional mess but I want my son to have a father...I dont know what to do :(

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
justpeachy71904
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:52 PM
8 moms liked this
I say cut ties emotionally now. File court papers for child support. Be prepared to be a single mom.

You do not need that garbage in your life and in your infants life.

kidlover2
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:01 PM
1 mom liked this
He is not worth being a part of your life if he doesn't want to be. Your child will be happier with just you than having a reprobate as a father around.
Angelmevans
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree. Cut ties with him. If he really wants to be there then he would be and would have been already. Remember a father is more than just blood. A father is a man who cares about the mother if is child and his child.

Good luck!!! Are you excited for the baby?
Texasladybug84
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Def agree 150%

Quoting Angelmevans:

I agree. Cut ties with him. If he really wants to be there then he would be and would have been already. Remember a father is more than just blood. A father is a man who cares about the mother if is child and his child.

Good luck!!! Are you excited for the baby?

AlannaMaria
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:43 PM
I agree with the other ladies. He doesn't sound like a good guy and doesn't seem like he would be a good father figure for your son.
PartyGalAnne
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:55 PM
3 moms liked this

Be a single mom. You have a baby to support. You don't need to support this man-child, too.

coupon_ash_back
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:57 PM

Run away! he'll be a pain in the long run. Your better off a single mom.

starsis68
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:58 PM
My son really dad was never there for his son my son called my husband today his dad my son got married in July this year and both dad's were there and he let them know my husband was is dad I believe God has a plain for you and your child it takes more to being a dad then mast making the baby not let him use you it will all work out
SoInLove515
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:56 PM
this. I would only speak to him about buisness and that's it.

Quoting justpeachy71904:

I say cut ties emotionally now. File court papers for child support. Be prepared to be a single mom.

You do not need that garbage in your life and in your infants life.

Mittenmommie
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Run.. Run fast and don't look back.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)