Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Solo Vacations

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:52 AM
  • 35 Replies

Do you take vacations without each other and without the children? Business trips do not count.

by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CharlotteRose
"A true friend is someone who thinks you're a good egg, even though they know you're slightly cracked."
Yesterday at 1:33 PM
by Charlotte on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:57 AM

this is funny because we were talking about taking solo vacations not to get away from one another but he likes the wilderness and i like beaches, etc... i wouldn't give it a second thought about taking a solo vacation however in the end i probably would feel guilty for having a great time and nobody to share it with....

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Never without DD but without each other I have.  Last year I took two with my parents and DD.  He couldn't come but was happy for me to go.  I do feel guilty and intend to take those trips again but with him.  I prefer taking my vacations as a family with him and DD.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:56 AM

I did a women retreat one year. Next year I'm suppose to go on a girls weekend.

jenesis509
by Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Technically Lol my dd and I went to visit my family without dh next weekend dh and I will be out of town for the weekend with out dd
shorty13417
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:07 PM

no.... i wish but sadly never have.  i can't even get dh to take a vacation with me.  :(

balagan_imma
by Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I go to a food conference without DH or the kids each year. Would love for them to join me, but it's not their thing.

I take the kids on a big road trip every year. DH can only join us for part of the time.

DH and I will have a vacation without the kids next summer, for our 20th. It will be really nice. The last time we went without the kids was for our 10th, and I was pregnant with our youngest.

newwifenmom
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Same here which is why I'm considering taking one alone.

Quoting shorty13417:

no.... i wish but sadly never have.  i can't even get dh to take a vacation with me.  :(

shorty13417
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:20 PM

i tried to take one over the summer time but it didnt work out.    mainly cause dh said he wouldnt take care of our son, whos 17 btw

Quoting newwifenmom:

Same here which is why I'm considering taking one alone.

Quoting shorty13417:

orchardmoma
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 1:19 PM

No way! If I want to go on a vaca there is no one I would rather share it with than my hubby. We have a trip planned for next year to go to Germany and I can't wait. 

.Peaches.
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Not without each other, no. He may take a trip out of town to go visit his parents (2 hours away) once in a blue moon without me or the kids, but I figure everyone needs time alone, so I don't begrudge him that. If I had friends or family to visit, I'd take an overnight trip every now and then, but I don't.

We haven't been anywhere without the kids in ages.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)