Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Should no sex be a deal breaker?

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:26 PM
  • 233 Replies

I've been with my SO for a while now but he just said he doesn't want to have sex anymore because he doesn't enjoy it. He says it's not me, he's just never really been that into sex (his ex confirmed that was one reason for their divorce). I love him, but I love sex, too, and I don't know if I can consign myself to a sexless relationship?

Is no sex a deal breaker?

by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TommyAbby
by Melissa on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:30 PM
3 moms liked this

For me.. yes. I couldn't live without it. 

Beautifulmom513
by Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:31 PM
2 moms liked this

it is for me, yes. if my husband told me something like that, and there was no way I could change his mind or anything, we would be done.

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:31 PM
2 moms liked this

No sex is a deal breaker in our marriage.  I love my DH and I know he loves me but if for whatever reason we were unable (highly doubt we'd ever be unwilling) to have sex with each other we'd find other ways of sexually satisfying the other. 

som610
by Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:34 PM
4 moms liked this

Not for me...

BeaTx
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:15 PM
11 moms liked this
If he was just choosing not to have sex with me, then yes that would be it. If he were injured in some way of course I would understand, but otherwise that's just self-centered.
furbabymum
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:30 PM
3 moms liked this

I can't not have sex. If he didn't give it to me he'd better ok me getting it on the side. I could go awhile without sex for good reasons but that's not a good reason imo.

createive
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 4:25 PM
6 moms liked this
If there was something physical I would understand.

But saying I'm just not into it, That would be a problem for me.

Maybe he could see a therapist or doctor?
coupon_ash_back
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 4:27 PM
25 moms liked this

No, I don't understand the emphasis everyone puts on it. Do couples not enjoy other things? goodness.

PartyGalAnne
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:51 PM
5 moms liked this

Just ask him to hold the vibrator and pinch your nipples when you're close.

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Sep. 6, 2013 at 1:30 AM
7 moms liked this

Your husband should talk to a doctor to make sure he is healthy and doesnt have low testerone which can easily be corrected if he does (and low testerone can occur in younger guys too and can cause other health issues as well).

Or he might be Asexual, just not interested in sex ... period.

If it were me, It seems like I would have noticed that not enough  sex was a problem while dating BEFORE I even fell in love with him, because I have a really strong sex drive, but if for some reason I was already truly in  love with the man and everything else but that was great with us and I was happy with him otherwise then I would have him checked by dr and if he checked out healthy, then as long as he isnt having sex with anyone else, I guess I could live with it and just take care of myself that way. I wouldn't leave TODD for example if for some reason he was suddenly unable to have sex anymore, regardless of how strong my sex drive is.

YVONNE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)