Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

what do you do when you love your partner but are no longer in love with them

Posted by   + Show Post
I have been with my DH for 23 yrs we have two adult girls 20 and 18 been through man many bad yrs and a few good ones but over the past 8 yrs have felt my self feeling less an less in love things I used to move on from I find I can no longer get past and just do not even try to express anything any more as it becomes the one bad part of sentence that is used against me ex: title of post you know what would be argued about you don't love me any more or if I say you are over reacting things get thrown and smashed see now I over reacted hate to say it but really am sorry I ever married or had my girls as they are his favorite weapon he works them all up causes horrible scenes and just leaves after everything is destroyed countless holidays and any special event have stopped going to social affairs over this because price is just to much when kids were little I carried on trying to make things special and keep in Holiday mood for them but never failed always a scene involved kids finally told him pleas estop ruining everything now just glowers all day just cannot do this any more would like to find that feeling again may be just to late not sure any more to ld and to young for thi crap thanks just needed to get out
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 1:12 AM
Replies (21-26):
D.O.E.
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 5:32 PM

love doesnt fade but the intensity and passion does, and for some people, that intense passion is how they think it should be all the time, and it's just not always going to be like that, at least in my experience.

Quoting Irish_mama_2011:

Real love is more than that and it doesn't fade.

Quoting D.O.E.:

it makes perfect sense. that feeling of euphoria  and attraction does fade. the passion soon fades and you are left with someone you love, but........they no longer incite those passionate feelings which had originally brought you together.

Quoting Irish_mama_2011:

I've never understood that phrase, "I love you, but I'm not IN love with you." It makes no sense to me.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Sep. 7, 2013 at 6:04 PM

23 years is a lot to throw away. I have no other advice though. If you feel you would be happier, getting a divorce then don't feel guilty, everyone deserves happiness. Good luck

Irish_mama_2011
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:59 AM

You can't have constant intensity and passion, it fizzles out too quickly, but we still get intense and passionate.

Quoting D.O.E.:

love doesnt fade but the intensity and passion does, and for some people, that intense passion is how they think it should be all the time, and it's just not always going to be like that, at least in my experience.

Quoting Irish_mama_2011:

Real love is more than that and it doesn't fade.

Quoting D.O.E.:

it makes perfect sense. that feeling of euphoria  and attraction does fade. the passion soon fades and you are left with someone you love, but........they no longer incite those passionate feelings which had originally brought you together.

Quoting Irish_mama_2011:

I've never understood that phrase, "I love you, but I'm not IN love with you." It makes no sense to me.

Mugglemom215
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 4:30 AM
Thank you for all your support passion left many moons ago but still had hope I think I know its time but not sure when feel it closing but not ready yet just hate this feeling keep hoping I feel something any thing just gone numb
Mugglemom215
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 3:23 PM
final choice made today not by me but by the last stupid comment so took off my ring and am making plans quietly one to many scenes last night cut everything and know its time to move on thank you all
lauratupper
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 4:03 PM

I agree

Quoting Irish_mama_2011:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)