Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Husbands and kitchens!

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:07 AM
  • 76 Replies
Does your husband know his way around the kitchen? Does he know where everything is? Does he cook?
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AtiFreeFalls
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:10 AM

No, no and no lol.  He says he likes to cook, but its a big fat lie.  He hates to cook.  When he DOES cook its like watching a baby try to figure out a new toy lol.  "Love, where's the big pot?"  "Hey, love, where's the cinnamon?"  "I can't find the butter." lol

Irish_mama_2011
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:12 AM

He knows where almost everything is, but he doesn't cook very often, he's not very good at it. I teased him because last time he cooked my gall bladder acted up, so I said he made me sick lol!

Army-Wife0128
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes, he knows his way around but i prefer him not cook in the kitchen and grill better because when he does use the kitchen, he leaves it looking like kids were in there trying to cook lol.....a complete mess
jmlmomma
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:16 AM

yes yes and NOT WELL..haha he got mad at me this weekend for telling him he was cooking the eggs wrong! He scrambles them to itty bitty bits! drives me crazy!

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:34 AM

No, he never knows where anything is in the kitchen but when he does cook it always tastes great.  He's come a long way.  When I met him he couldn't even microwave popcorn. lol  Now he makes baked chicken that's better than mine.

Maries_Mom23
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes to all of it!  Though, I do most of the cooking.  We usually eat before he gets out of work (6:30-7:00).  But on his days off, the girls love it when he cooks.  He's a great cook.  He's not the "go by this recipe" type.  He makes up his own stuff and it's so good!

kidlover2
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:36 AM
He does all the cooking and baking. I just watch and enjoy :)
256bamamom
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Helfire!!! My hubby is the kitchen King!! He's the one who organized our kitchen......he is also my "kitchen fairy" when I leave the dishes for later...I always find it cleaned up next time I look!!! Yeah I'm lucky.....IMHO

MagicTemptation
by Christina on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:52 AM

He knows his way around the kitchen. He know where most everything is. He can cook burgers, fries, chicken nuggets, hot dogs etc... does that count? If I marinate and prep things, I can let him take over and trust he won't let it burn. But we will not add any seasoning or anything to what he cooks. (which he is big on spices. lol)

pwaldschmidt
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:56 AM
My dh knows where most of the stuff is but when I go grocery shopping or get a sudden case ocd, I move such around and he asks where it is. He can cook, but I'm a sahm and I love cooking. If he's cooking, it's normally on the grill. I hate having people in my kitchen especially when I'm cooking. My kitchen is not big enough for a bunch of people to be standing around, let alone when I'm trying to cook.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)