Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Husbands and kitchens!

Posted by   + Show Post
Does your husband know his way around the kitchen? Does he know where everything is? Does he cook?
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Replies (11-20):
Bmama1
by Silver Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Lol. That's how my husband is too. He'll open the fridge and if the butter isn't RIGHT in front of his face, he'll ask me where it is. Im like "just look around a little! " Lol

Quoting AtiFreeFalls:

No, no and no lol.  He says he likes to cook, but its a big fat lie.  He hates to cook.  When he DOES cook its like watching a baby try to figure out a new toy lol.  "Love, where's the big pot?"  "Hey, love, where's the cinnamon?"  "I can't find the butter." lol

Bmama1
by Silver Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol! Exactly why I like mine to grill also.

Quoting Army-Wife0128:

Yes, he knows his way around but i prefer him not cook in the kitchen and grill better because when he does use the kitchen, he leaves it looking like kids were in there trying to cook lol.....a complete mess
jenaree
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:11 AM

This exactly! He will declare he wants to cook dinner and not want any help but will be asking me questions constantly. I can't even sit down becase it is always "Babe, come look at this for me", "Where is -------?" etc. I do not get any kind of break when he cooks dinner because I still do most of the work and then he wants all the credit! lol! men!

Quoting AtiFreeFalls:

No, no and no lol.  He says he likes to cook, but its a big fat lie.  He hates to cook.  When he DOES cook its like watching a baby try to figure out a new toy lol.  "Love, where's the big pot?"  "Hey, love, where's the cinnamon?"  "I can't find the butter." lol

AtiFreeFalls
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:25 AM

yep.  Except mine won't declare, he has to be goaded lol.

Quoting jenaree:

This exactly! He will declare he wants to cook dinner and not want any help but will be asking me questions constantly. I can't even sit down becase it is always "Babe, come look at this for me", "Where is -------?" etc. I do not get any kind of break when he cooks dinner because I still do most of the work and then he wants all the credit! lol! men!

Quoting AtiFreeFalls:

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:35 AM

He can cook but dosen't. He does the dishes every day though.

Bmama1
by Silver Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Oh I hate scrambled eggs like that!

Quoting jmlmomma:

yes yes and NOT WELL..haha he got mad at me this weekend for telling him he was cooking the eggs wrong! He scrambles them to itty bitty bits! drives me crazy!

OMGLasersPOWPOW
by Krystal on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:41 AM
He's an amazing cook.
Dimples303
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:44 AM

My husband is a great cook! However, we have lived in the same place for 4 years and still cant find the pots. lol 

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Todd is a great cook! One of our favorite meals he makes us as a treat sometimes is his very own recipe he made up. We love it so much  he made it for everyone for christmas one year. However Todd works a lot of hours so he rarely ever ever has time to cook like that. He spends  a tiny bit of time in the kitchen daily, usually gettting a cup of coffee, or making a protein  shake or fiber drink or a dinner salad to bring to work. Or to grab one of his always changing numerous unique flavors of craft beers for a treat after work or just a piece of fruit or some jerky or a boiled egg. He always picks up after himself too. He knows I am happy to cook for him  whatever he asks me to as well.

YVONNE

Mrs.Brugger
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:09 PM

He has not been in 'our' kitchen since our old apartment so he has absolutely no idea where anything is in the kitchen. It'll be a big surprise everytime he opens a cupboard. =p
(In his defense he was deployed and then we moved and then he got back stateside but is still in our old area and he'll move up to be with us next month. and then yes, he will know where the dishes are...and hopefully know his way around the food cupboards. IDK we'll see. He did fine in the old kitchen. Very rarely would he open numerous cupboards looking for one thing or have to ask where something was. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)