Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Does anyone else have money issues?

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 4:40 PM
  • 50 Replies

Is money ever really tight for you? Do you and your spouse ever fight over the fact that there is hardly any money to do anything other then pay bills and buy groceries? We have this problem a lot. My dh is the only working because I need to be at home with our kids. We would be spending all our money on daycare if I worked anyway so I stay home. We always have money issues. Mainly his check covers rent and bills and some groceries and we end up sitting around all weekend because there is no money. We argued all weekend because of our lack of money and stress. I am so worn out today. Does anyone else have this problem? How do you cope? I feel like all we ever do is argue and fight about money. I am so sick of it. I want to work so bad but can't. 

by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alf2651
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Right now, we're going through this. His job cut his hours back in March, so things have been SUPER tight around here. We've both been stressed and snapping at each other as well. Honestly, I don't know how I cope with it right now. It just seems like it's one thing piled on top of the other lately. Thankfully, he's due for a promotion in the couple of weeks, so hopefully things will get better.

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Momma_1985
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Yup! We have argued, mostly because I feel he doesnt help pay enough around the house.....But I usually try to make things work, for instance the food pantry and I always look for free things to do with the kids and hubby. I also check Groupon, Amazon Local and livingsocial for any special deals. It sucks sometimes though!

LadyBast
by Brenda on Sep. 9, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Going through this now but we do not argue about it we do not go out and do things on weekends he may go mountain bike but that is all gas only who cares.. But most couples argue about money it is the main topic and we used to do it bad now we have money put back and I am glad b/c his hours have been cut and we have some to fall back on but we still have all we want cars and just got a new one :(  sucks now b/c of the hours but still we are not really wanting to do stuff...

Have a chat and see if you can do anything... small job etc!

Fayanne
by Gold Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Money can't buy happiness but lack of money sure causes a lot of misery.

Money was tight when I was young.

Are there any areas you can cut back? I used cloth diapers just to save $10 or so a week on disposables. Cheaper dinners?

Hugs... hang in there.

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Sort of.  We are super broke and it doesn't help that DH took out uneccessary loans for stuff we didn't need but he just had to have.  We have huge debts but we very rarely argue about money.  We don't go out much at all and when we do it's on the super cheap.  I have my arts and crafts and he plays in the garage and DD helps either one of us, plays with the neighborhood kids, or does her own thing.  We just work with what we have and I find it kind of fun to budget and see what I can make for the home so I don't have to buy the expensive version in the store.  Plus it doesn't matter if it sucks because we're the only ones to see it. lol

Mugglemom215
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 5:54 PM
we have monthly income so pay bills and get through is all we can do found local library great source for free and interesting things to do used to take my kids there every Saturday for what ever was going on and For Hubby and Me we would take out movies price was right free also would make picnic lunch got to park or even just eat out side kids love that one also joined book club gave us something to talk about
LeilaBeansMom
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 6:12 PM
We are soooooo broke right now! Lol! We have a dairy farm and milk price has been horrible. Plus we have a tractor and machinery repair shop. The farm is pretty much sucking the money out of the shop. We keep saying it has to get better!
rugratsmommy4
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 6:15 PM
25% of dh's check is being garnished right now. Instead of 700-900 coming in every week we have 200-400 coming in with 2500 a month going out. It's causing a huge strain right now.
cali_angel_girl
by Amy :) on Sep. 9, 2013 at 6:19 PM

The past two years have been pretty stressful on us financially.  We have never had to go without paying bills or gettting the things we need or the kids need but it's put a strain on us. 

PartyGalAnne
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Why not work from home? Get into direct sales and earn money with catalog parties or by hosting parties once a month.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN