Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

So, I just overheard my husband tell his buddies about my friend and how she just got new boobs and that he definitely would kick her out of bed....then, he proceeds to say something about how 98% of men go find a hooker to give them oral pleasure (by the way, I changed those words) because their wives don't. But that's not all...he then told his pals that he had turned down some beautiful, intelligent women and then for some reason, just settled. There was a tad bit more, but I will spare you. 

Watcha got for me, ladies?

by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 1:30 AM
Replies (21-24):
Mommyonthemic
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this

It could be that he was showing off in front of his crew, or maybe he's having an MLC- (mid life crisis)

A lot of men get caught up in over thinking and being so logical.  They start reflecting on their lives, what they didn't do, who they didn't screw, and they look for some place to put blame.  In the middle of that is their EGO and it prevents them from seeing how much they truly have.  I am not putting this all on him, either. This is the part I didn't like when my "ish" hit the fan in our marriage.   Looking in the mirror.

While venting here and taking all of our advise is excellent you can not change your husband, we can not make them be more grateful,  or behave a certain way,  and their joy is not our responsibility.  I say joy because I believe happiness is a temporary feeling we get, but joy, real joy no one situation or thing can just swoop in and take that from us.  Joy is not found in people, or if the sun is out today or not, joy is unexplainable often and it's a choice we make.   

I have been through this with my husband so I am not speaking from a "fairytale" life view, I am speaking from one day everything was great (at least I thought it was) to I don't think I wanna be married anymore and I'm TALKING to another woman....That was deep, deep, pain, I thought I would die!!  Once I decided to work on me, and asked God to show me, what in me needed to change, the atmosphere shifted.....If you are a believer I encourage you to pray not just for your husband, pray that God will turn your heart and his toward God.  Declare that their is life, in your marriage, call your husband what you want him to be even if he isn't quite behaving that way right now.  I say every morning thank you God that my husband is........ you insert your own adjectives.... It may not change over night so please be patient and I will pray with you, & for you both.  

If you want your marriage then take the time you need to be pissed about what he said, or what he hasn't done and then make a decision to fight for the marriage.  And just know the weapons you'r gonna use are not what the world (me include) would advise you to do....the weapons will be things like forgiveness, patiences, LOVE (even when he's not lovable) being still...but you can do it.  Remember you are valuable, you are fearfully & wonderfully made, not because your husband say's so.......

#my2cents

ChristinaMKitt
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 7:13 PM

You are simply amazing! Thank you for your kind and wise words. I spoke to him that night. We are passed it. He acts like that every once in a while, but I tell him its not acceptable, and we move forward. Thank you again! 

Quoting Mommyonthemic:

It could be that he was showing off in front of his crew, or maybe he's having an MLC- (mid life crisis)

A lot of men get caught up in over thinking and being so logical.  They start reflecting on their lives, what they didn't do, who they didn't screw, and they look for some place to put blame.  In the middle of that is their EGO and it prevents them from seeing how much they truly have.  I am not putting this all on him, either. This is the part I didn't like when my "ish" hit the fan in our marriage.   Looking in the mirror.

While venting here and taking all of our advise is excellent you can not change your husband, we can not make them be more grateful,  or behave a certain way,  and their joy is not our responsibility.  I say joy because I believe happiness is a temporary feeling we get, but joy, real joy no one situation or thing can just swoop in and take that from us.  Joy is not found in people, or if the sun is out today or not, joy is unexplainable often and it's a choice we make.   

I have been through this with my husband so I am not speaking from a "fairytale" life view, I am speaking from one day everything was great (at least I thought it was) to I don't think I wanna be married anymore and I'm TALKING to another woman....That was deep, deep, pain, I thought I would die!!  Once I decided to work on me, and asked God to show me, what in me needed to change, the atmosphere shifted.....If you are a believer I encourage you to pray not just for your husband, pray that God will turn your heart and his toward God.  Declare that their is life, in your marriage, call your husband what you want him to be even if he isn't quite behaving that way right now.  I say every morning thank you God that my husband is........ you insert your own adjectives.... It may not change over night so please be patient and I will pray with you, & for you both.  

If you want your marriage then take the time you need to be pissed about what he said, or what he hasn't done and then make a decision to fight for the marriage.  And just know the weapons you'r gonna use are not what the world (me include) would advise you to do....the weapons will be things like forgiveness, patiences, LOVE (even when he's not lovable) being still...but you can do it.  Remember you are valuable, you are fearfully & wonderfully made, not because your husband say's so.......

#my2cents

AlannaMaria
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 7:23 PM
He sounds like a dirt bag.. I can't imagine my DH ever saying something's me that.. *hugs*
deadlights86
by Emily on Sep. 16, 2013 at 7:16 AM
Wow my dh would get an earful so loud our future grandkids will hear it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)