Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Do you care how many calories you burn during sex?

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:10 AM
  • 19 Replies

Having Sex for the Exercise Means You’re Doing It Wrong

by Adriana Velez

woman in bedYou know what I love? All those article that tell you how many calories you burn during sex. As if just DOING it wasn't awesome enough, it's also making you skeenee! You're working out, which makes you feel sexy, which makes you want to have more sex, which makes you work out via sex, which... well, you get the idea. But what if it's all just a big lie? Guess what. It is. Apparently sex does not burn as many calories as we've been told: 21 calories if you're at it for a mere 6 minutes (ooh, sorry...) or 85 to 100 calories if you can go at it for a whole 30 minutes. (Go tiger!)

I imagine it's less if you're the type to just lie back and think of your to-do list.

But wait, there are so many fun ways you can burn extra calories while you're having sex. Check out these amazing ways to over-think what was once just a fun, libidinous activity and turn it into something productive!

• Sex before breakfast!
  • Sex using yoga poses!
  • Eating blueberries before you have the sex!
  • Trying new sex positions!
  • Sucking-in-your-tummy sex!
  • Exercises before and after sex!

See what I mean? Actually, I think sucking-in-tummy sex is already a thing. And trying new positions is something you would do just for fun anyway. Really, you could probably find a way to make all of these things fun, but you're going to ruin all the joy of sex if your primary thought is burning calories. I mean, sure, burning calories is kind of the icing on the cake (not even the icing, maybe the sprinkles). But sex is supposed to be naughty, not nice. Thinking about core-toning is NOT erotic. Ooh, baby, let's do it in Crane Swooping In To Spear Fish Pose! See? You're supposed to be bad, not good.

Do you care how many calories you burn during sex?

by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyBast
by Brenda on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:23 AM

Nope I need more in a day as it is so I do not care but it is good exercise so is the pool :)

AlannaMaria
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol. My DH will say " Babe, you wanna go burn some calories"?
Raeann11
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 1:39 PM

I don't care about calories when I have sex. That is the last thing on my mind.

xoxRachelxox
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:14 PM

I really don't care how many calories I burn during sex. It's just a bonus for me.

valrubio
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:41 PM

That is the last thing on my mind during sex.

MommaJ815
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Yep, burning calories is not on my mind while having sex with my husband. 

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Sep. 19, 2013 at 3:24 PM

hahaha I am trying to lose weight as hard and fast as I can and as intense and passionate and aggressive as we are I would imagine we are probably burning whatever max calorie burning potential is during sex for the majority of it. BUT... that being  said..... I never ever ever think about if I am burning calories or how many during sex, I really let my mind focus 100% on savoring the sex and on Todd and how he makes me feel and how good I can make him feel and connecting on various levels, sexually physcially emotionally even spiritually.

I am not taking  away from any of that awesomeness to waste my time thinking about how many calories im burning. lol

YVONNE

beeky
by Alexandra on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:15 PM

If I want to burn calories, I'll break a sweat on the treadmill.

When I'm sweating up the sheets, the last thing on my mind is calories.

Pnukey
by Jennifer on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:20 PM

If I'm counting calories while having sex, we must be doing something very, very wrong in there. As it is, I do not even think about calories.

OHgirlinCA
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:22 PM
Um... No
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)