Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Jealousy and Yours and DH/SO's exes?

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 4:03 PM
  • 81 Replies
1 mom liked this

Do you or your  DH/SO or both of you feel ANY (even a pinch) of any jealousy over all or ANY one of EACHOTHER'S ex's you've ever had?

Also are there any ex's of your OWN that YOU are jealous over or are there any ex's of his own that he is jealous about?

(pay attention  to the difference to the 2 above questions : )

Then if so, if you don't mind share specifically why and what the jealousy is about.

YVONNE

by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsSexyCurtains
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 4:08 PM
No and no. I'm so thankful my exes are just that. He had one ex that tried to break us apart but it didn't work.
babygirl_1012
by Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 4:12 PM

NO to both questions! I am not jealous of any of his ex's because they wouldnt do half of what I do for him, nor does he ever bring it up or ever mention anything about them. Besides one who became an addict. I am also not jealous of how any of my ex's came out, they are still so immature and not on the level that I nor my SO are on. So I am not missing anything. I dont know if my SO is jealous of anyone of my ex's but he shouldnt be, its not like I would ever leave him for one of them =)

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Sep. 19, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Todd and I talked about all our exes in great depth.

goodNeither one of us honestly feels jealous over one of our OWN ex's, we are soooo glad any one who is our ex is an ex and really regret we were ever with ANY of them, not miss them or envy them. We also have a much better happier better everything life than any of the ex's we are aware of anyway on top  of it.  We both agreed wholeheartedly that we sooooo wish we had met one another when we were really really young so we could have just been with eachother and no one else from a young age thru now.

in lovefalling in loveBut to look at the bright side we both admit that probably at least in part our exceptional appreciation and respect and adoration of eachother is knowing how exceptional one another is because of the absolute shitty ex'es we've put up with and lived thru in comparison. Makes an exceptional partner seem even more surreal. lol seriously. We both  also admitted that anyone we thought we loved in  our past didnt even come close to the indescribable overwhelming love we feel toward eachother and really mean that.

sadthrowing up On the jealous side of things, we both agree equally and fully admit it  makes us feel sick to our stomach's when we even think of the other one having EVER  been with anyone else, kissing them, having sex with them, just being with them period. UGH. We both hate that and wish we could undo them all.

Todd says ideally our parents would have been  best friends so we grew up playing together as friends and crushes as little kids which  we are convinced we would have and been an exclusive couple by early teens and been with only eachother all our lives. : )

storkThe only other thing we are jealous about is that I gave birth to 4 babies of someone else's biologically and it REALLY REALLY bothers me a LOT that Todd's ex wife who is NOTHING to be jealous of at all in  any way otherwise, had the honor and blessing and privilege of giving birth to TODDS biological daughter and that should have been ME who got to damn it!!! The only thing that makes us feel any better about that, is that at least todd and I got full sole custody of all 5 kids and raised them as OUR 5 kids equally and love them as if we created them ourselves and that they consider US their mom and dad and are close to US and it FEELS like we had them ourselves at least that is a comfort.

That's it, for the jealousy though, nothing else.

YVONNE

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Sep. 19, 2013 at 4:37 PM
2 moms liked this

My husband is jealous of anyone and everyone who takes up even a smidgeon of my time or attention, and is horribly jealous and hostile about anyone I may have dated. We avoid that subject like the plague.

I'm too old to be jealous of anything, I don't care anymore, LOL. 

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Tee hee hee, Todd NEEDS a lot of attention from me specifically too,  I dont know if its because I spoiled him so much and shower him with it all the time that if something comes up that I temporarily can't shower all my attention on him to the usual degree he gets jealous at least inside and while he acts ok I  can SEE it and FEEL it anyway. lol (He gives me as much  attention as I give him though too, I just dont get jealous if he has to work extra  or something though haha)

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

My husband is jealous of anyone and everyone who takes up even a smidgeon of my time or attention, and is horribly jealous and hostile about anyone I may have dated. We avoid that subject like the plague.

I'm too old to be jealous of anything, I don't care anymore, LOL. 

YVONNE

RheaF
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Nope, to all. We have no connections with any of our exs.

LadyBast
by Brenda on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Nope not any at all never have!

Liz132
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this

No I'm not jealous of his exes if they were right for him then he'd be with them not me. I'm not jealous of my own exes, why would I be, I hope they can find their own happiness.

Anryan
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Quoting earthangel1967:

Do you or your  DH/SO or both of you feel ANY (even a pinch) of any jealousy over all or ANY one of EACHOTHER'S ex's you've ever had?No , in fact we are friends with a few ex's and all hang out from time to time.

Also are there any ex's of your OWN that YOU are jealous over or are there any ex's of his own that he is jealous about? No

(pay attention  to the difference to the 2 above questions : )

Then if so, if you don't mind share specifically why and what the jealousy is about.

beeky
by Alexandra on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this

It's been over 28 years since we've had an ex. 

I can barely remember mine and we've seen his on Facebook recently.  He married well!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)