Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

emotinally abusive babydad?

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 4:04 PM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this

my boyfriend and i have a 5 month old together and lately hes being verbally abusive,calling me curse words,putting me down,making me feel like im nothing, i get scared to talk to him ! i have fear when he starts yelling at me..i dont know what to do.. lastyear he put his hands around my neck and i shouldve left then and there,stupid me but im seeing the same behavior with the verbal abuse..should i take my 2 kids and go to a shelter? 

me and my babyy :]

by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deadlights86
by Emily on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes!! He will never get better only worse. You will be so much happier away from him. I know from experience.
Fayanne
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:22 PM

yes!

Mrsz08
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Agree! It doesn't get better. I also know from experience, You DO NOT want your child/ren thinking it's ok,. Males grow up thinking it's how to treat women and Females grow up thinking men should be able to. Getout as soon as possible and don't look back! For your sake and your children.

Quoting deadlights86:

Yes!! He will never get better only worse. You will be so much happier away from him. I know from experience.

MagicTemptation
by Christina on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Sweetheart this shouldn't even need considering! Yes, of course! Atleast you can attempt to defend yourself. Your children can not!

JenGo
by Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:42 PM

YES!

Jantera
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes ma'am go to a battered women shelter I've been me and my daughter back in '03..my hubby verbally said something to me that made me scared for my life, and the police took us to a battered women shelter.. They will help you,get you housing and transportation. If he's doing this to you,he may also do it to your baby.. If a man can hit a woman,he can also kill a woman,think about it..

Quoting Natashaxo:

my boyfriend and i have a 5 month old together and lately hes being verbally abusive,calling me curse words,putting me down,making me feel like im nothing, i get scared to talk to him ! i have fear when he starts yelling at me..i dont know what to do.. lastyear he put his hands around my neck and i shouldve left then and there,stupid me but im seeing the same behavior with the verbal abuse..should i take my 2 kids and go to a shelter? 

dajami
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this

It may be verbal abuse now, but it will become physical again very soon if you don't leave.  You shouldn't be afraid of the man you're with.  A REAL MAN WILL PROTECT YOU AND YOUR BABIES, NOT HARM YOU!!!

2lilmamas
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 12:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I would have to say move on. Easier said then done. But this is not how your significant is suppose to treat. As the mother his chikd he have upper respect you. He maybe good tomorrow or when he gets mad he disrect you alll over. Be strong let it go.
Angelmevans
by Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 2:18 AM
Leave it will only get worse. They say they will stop but they do not. If you don't want your children to grow up in this situation then you need to get hell from a shelter
Caitlin10081989
by Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 3:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Take your two kids and go to a shelter and go from there. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)