Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

emotinally abusive babydad?

Posted by   + Show Post

my boyfriend and i have a 5 month old together and lately hes being verbally abusive,calling me curse words,putting me down,making me feel like im nothing, i get scared to talk to him ! i have fear when he starts yelling at me..i dont know what to do.. lastyear he put his hands around my neck and i shouldve left then and there,stupid me but im seeing the same behavior with the verbal abuse..should i take my 2 kids and go to a shelter? 

me and my babyy :]

by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Replies (11-17):
Natashaxo
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 12:59 PM

he wants to leave and take my daughter with him :[

Quoting MagicTemptation:

Sweetheart this shouldn't even need considering! Yes, of course! Atleast you can attempt to defend yourself. Your children can not!

me and my babyy :]

MagicTemptation
by Christina on Sep. 22, 2013 at 1:12 PM

File a police report about him putting his hands around your throat, and his threats. File for emergency custody and leave.

Quoting Natashaxo:

he wants to leave and take my daughter with him :[

Quoting MagicTemptation:

Sweetheart this shouldn't even need considering! Yes, of course! Atleast you can attempt to defend yourself. Your children can not!

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Sep. 22, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Yes you shouldn't have to deal with that!
Queen816
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Yes I think u should leave because I was going through the samething and u don't want your kids thinking it is ok to get treated that way by anybody ,

Quoting Natashaxo:

my boyfriend and i have a 5 month old together and lately hes being verbally abusive,calling me curse words,putting me down,making me feel like im nothing, i get scared to talk to him ! i have fear when he starts yelling at me..i dont know what to do.. lastyear he put his hands around my neck and i shouldve left then and there,stupid me but im seeing the same behavior with the verbal abuse..should i take my 2 kids and go to a shelter? 

cox3
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:29 AM
No. Stay and take the abuse becasue you deserve it. NOT! TROLL
xoxRachelxox
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Yes you should.

Abusive men NEVER change. No matter how much they apologize and claim they'll change, it'll never happen so don't waste time, leave now.

Good luck to you and stay strong, don't go back to him. Get out and give your kids a chance at a normal life because what they're dealing with now, is not and believe me, they know more than you think they do.

jeniemarie
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 1:16 PM
yes! everytime he does something and you stay it sends the message that you will allow him to do this so hell keep pushing it further. also is this the type of relationship you want your children to see? hope you can get out and be safe
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN