Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Name calling

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:06 AM
  • 48 Replies
1 mom liked this
What was the last name calling you did to your husband?

I'm all jacked up on coffee and he was being a jerk in a text message so I told him he didn't need to be an elusive prick face. Then I apologized, since he's not really that elusive.
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this

The last time he called me a name, I countered with an equally offensive one. He looked a little stunned for a minute, then just got more angry, which resulted in him calling me another name, which I once again countered. Long story short, the name calling doesn't help anything.

BonitaM
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:14 AM

lol
I think it was last week or maybe the week before that.  I asked him why he had to be such a f***ing asshole to me all the time.  I can't remember what I was mad at him for.

Texasladybug84
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:39 AM
I called him a mother f er.. He had told me he was working, so I had been on the way home then I found at his was at his works BBQ, not at a job site..
Guess he was gonna surprise me and have me meet him there.. I felt bad afterwards
xoxRachelxox
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:29 AM

I can honestly say, I've never called him a name (to his face) I've called him names to my friend or my mother when I'm mad but I don't say it to him.

BatMom.
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:35 AM
I lovingly refer to my husband as "jerk" when we play fight. And since we do that almost daily, yesterday was the most recent. ha.
ETA: It was a few minutes ago. We wrestled a bit before he went to bed (he works nights), and he smacked my leg instead of my rear; I called him a jerk in response to that. ha.
SunnyCat
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:48 AM

I dread becoming the parents I had growing up. One thing I always told myself is I'd never cuss, belittle my husband. He's never cussed at me. I can't even remember if I've ever called him anything. In the heat of the moment I can understand how something will slip though:)  

deadlights86
by Emily on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:54 AM
God I don't know we call each other names all the time lol.
DLMsMommy
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Last bad fight we had... 6mo or so ago... I called him an a$$ hole... he said "what did you just call me?"... guess he was being sarcastic but I repeated myself... his response "call me an a$$ hole again..."... so I did... he hung up on me and didn't talk to me the rest of the day.

We have a general rule that when we fight we don't call names for any reason. I am the one who accidentally breaks that rule entirely too often.
MommaJ815
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Neither one of us find it productive to name call, so we don't.  This is a 2nd marriage for both of us, so we kinda know this time around, what devastates a relationship and what doesn't.  Name calling can only make things worse between spouses.

roseblossom90
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 1:12 PM

I think I called him a butt...,I don't do name calling very often.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)