Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Do you believe in love at first sight?

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 1:45 PM
  • 34 Replies

Tomorrow's my 14th anniversary and I've been doing a lot of reflecting on the past years and remembering how we met, etc. The first time I saw him he was working with campus security as a parking lot attendant (ie, a meter maid, lol). I remember seeing him in his orange reflective vest and first thinking about how awful that job would be, and then he turned around and smiled and my heart stopped. "Wow!" I thought. "Who is THAT?" And I knew something monumental had just occurred, but I didn't understand what at that moment.

The first time dh saw me was also out in the parking lot when I was waiting on my mom to pick me up because my truck was in the shop. As he tells it, first he saw my red hair, then he saw my green blouse and how well it fit me (he always winks when he says that), and then I turned and he saw my face and thought to himself, "There she is... the love of my life. She just doesn't know it yet." So, we both say it was love at first sight, only he was smart enough to recognize it right away and I had to figure it out. ;) LOL

Do you believe in love at first sight?

by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kidlover2
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 1:46 PM
I've never experienced it, but I've heard it can happen.
gmoen1977
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 2:25 PM

I've had the feeling to get to know someone further and see where it went.  SO was the first to say he saw our relationship going the long haul.  And 7 months later we are still strong even when there is distance because of his work.  I know still early In the scheme of life but no sugar coating and no lies.

BonitaM
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I do.  I haven't experienced it but when I first saw DH I wanted him and when we met and he agreed to go out with me I knew he was the one. 

lauratupper
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:53 PM

yes I do. Df and I met in sort of a similar fashion.

Bertha21
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Idk. My husband says when he first saw me he thought "wow! Who is this gorgeous girl?" Lol He says that when he saw me he fell in love, and knew he was going to marry me. He has been saying that since we met. Lol kinda creepy but cute.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Metteba
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:06 PM

NAW. 

Mojitomommy
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:11 PM
With my kids yes ,with my man no.
happymomma13
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:14 PM
We fell in love at first sight.

It's never happened to either of us before.
But it is amazing
Lindsey1112
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:15 PM
Yes!!
I remember seeing my DH for the first time. I was in 7th grade just went to my moms after me basketball game. He was with my uncle. They were leaving when we got there he turned around and my heart sank stomach got butterflies and all we could do was stare at each other.
They left and that was the last time I seen him in, about a year or more later my uncle wanted to hook me up with a friend of his, all I could think was I hope it was that one guy...
Well it was :)
The last day of school of 8th grade he called me and we have been together ever since :)
We started dating in 2001 married in 2009. We have 3 beautiful children :)
MomToovey
by Marianne on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:29 PM

I don't think I was in love with my DH at first sight, but I did know I wanted to pursue the relationship - and before our first date was even over, I knew he was the one I'd spend the rest of my life with.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)