Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I've just stopped asking

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 2:53 PM
  • 15 Replies

No matter how hard I try, I can never get my husband to do anything with me. I invite him to go on walks with the baby and I. I ask him to watch movies with me. I ask him to go to lunch. It doesn't matter what the activity is, he's never interested. I've even asked him what he wants to do and I get nothing. I'm tired of constantly feeling rejected and unimportant. I'll take the baby out by myself. I'll watch that new movie with my mother. And I'll go out to lunch with a friend. If he doesn't want to spend time with me and our daughter, then I'll stop trying to get him involved.

Thanks for letting me vent.

by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AlannaMaria
by Alanna on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Sorry to hear that :( *big hugs*
.Peaches.
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Has he always been like that? Have you told him you feel rejected?

shorty13417
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:38 PM

i know how you feel... my husband is the same way.   :(

lauratupper
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:47 PM

(((hugs))) is this something new? or has he always been that way?

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:53 PM

I could handle DH ignoring me more than I could our children. That's not something I'd let happen. Maybe you should go out and leave the baby with him to care for. That's interaction there.

Metteba
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:01 PM

I was in a past relationship like this...No Way in hell was I gonna do stuff by myself.  Needless, to say...he's outta here.  Now, he says stuff like, since when did you start going to baseball, basketball games....blah blah blah.  If, he paid attention he would of known all this...now he wants to come back...NOT!!

MomToovey
by Marianne on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:31 PM

These were my thoughts too.

I'm sorry momma. (((HUGS)))

Quoting .Peaches.:

Has he always been like that? Have you told him you feel rejected?

I'm training for a half marathon! If you'd like to follow my progress from an "All hope is lost" couch potato with a bad knee to a marathon runner, "like" my Page!

pittymama
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 5:02 PM

i would quit asking him, and tell him exactly what you guys are doing, when. tell him it's important to YOU. 

jenC1978
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Why stay married if he has no interest?

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Sep. 23, 2013 at 5:44 PM

My husband never, ever wanted to do anything with me and the kiddo when she was a baby/toddler. In fact, he used to kick us out of the house on weekends so that he didn't have to be around us and could have some space. I felt hurt for a year or two, then, I got used to it. I did everything alone, or with friends. 7 years or so later, this has become a whole different problem. Now that my daughter is 10, and fun, he wants to go everywhere with us. The problem? Now, I don't want him to go. We did everything alone for so long that it's a pain and a hassle to have him tag along. When he does come it's awkward and kind of uncomfortable, and the kiddo and I can't do everything we want to do. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)