Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Well.... Now what?!?!

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 5:03 PM
  • 12 Replies
Not sure if you read it, but i posted earlier this week about having a courthouse ceremony and then going to the cidermill for pics .. Having cider, doughnuts, pie ... Taking our fam/close friends for lunch and then going out to a fancy dinner ourselves and our bestfriends. Well i talked to the SO and hes thinking we wont get married until dec-march. So that throws the cidermill out the window...

Does anyone have any other creative ideas where we could get married/take pics? The courthouse is okay with me but i want someone neat to take pics at!!
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 5:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 5:05 PM

what kiind of weather will it be for you then?

BlessedAgain3
by Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 5:12 PM

I live in Michigan, it can be 90 on monday and 55 on thursday lol but dec-march it will probably be pretty cold and possibly snowy.. so if theres that fresh snow look it could make for pretty pics but it could also just look like nasty yucky winter outside with no snow just mud

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

lucky2Beeme
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Quoting BlessedAgain3:

I live in Michigan, it can be 90 on monday and 55 on thursday lol but dec-march it will probably be pretty cold and possibly snowy.. so if theres that fresh snow look it could make for pretty pics but it could also just look like nasty yucky winter outside with no snow just mud

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

not too different than Mass.Is there a park with a river or waterfall you could go to? If its snowing  the pics would be awesome. If not you'll still get the outdoorsy look. Another thought how about a historic house ?

Check with your local bridal shops they rent white fur capes . that would look sweet

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

rugratsmommy4
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 5:17 PM
It could also be hot any day during those months lol. I'm in MI too. Do you remember 2 January's ago we had tornado warnings in the morning then a snow storm that night? Lol Michigan weather is crazy! What about at a park? Even tho it may be cold the snow will make it really pretty. (unless its a Catholic wedding...then no park! Lol)

Quoting BlessedAgain3:

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

BlessedAgain3
by Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 5:22 PM

your right, i think it was either last year or the year before that .. it was in the 80/90 for a good couple of days in march! lmao good ol michigan weather...cant really plan on it!

where abouts in michigan are you from? yes i was looking at parks, because we have young kids, and there not going to sit there, so i thought a park is pretty and could keep them busy for a little as well.

Quoting rugratsmommy4:

It could also be hot any day during those months lol. I'm in MI too. Do you remember 2 January's ago we had tornado warnings in the morning then a snow storm that night? Lol Michigan weather is crazy! What about at a park? Even tho it may be cold the snow will make it really pretty. (unless its a Catholic wedding...then no park! Lol)

Quoting BlessedAgain3:

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

rugratsmommy4
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Southwest by Battle Creek. Which part do you live in? I may be able to come up with more ideas.

Quoting BlessedAgain3:

your right, i think it was either last year or the year before that .. it was in the 80/90 for a good couple of days in march! lmao good ol michigan weather...cant really plan on it!

where abouts in michigan are you from? yes i was looking at parks, because we have young kids, and there not going to sit there, so i thought a park is pretty and could keep them busy for a little as well.

Quoting rugratsmommy4:

Quoting BlessedAgain3:

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

BlessedAgain3
by Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Southeast.. by Warren, Royal oak, Troy, Sterling heights area.

Quoting rugratsmommy4:

Southwest by Battle Creek. Which part do you live in? I may be able to come up with more ideas.

Quoting BlessedAgain3:

Quoting rugratsmommy4:

Quoting BlessedAgain3:

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

rugratsmommy4
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 5:29 PM
I used to live in Clarkston/Waterford area. My cousin lives by there too, I'll ask her for some ideas too and let you know :-)

Quoting BlessedAgain3:

Quoting rugratsmommy4:

Quoting BlessedAgain3:

Quoting rugratsmommy4:

Quoting BlessedAgain3:

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

BlessedAgain3
by Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Thank you i appreciate it!

Quoting rugratsmommy4:

I used to live in Clarkston/Waterford area. My cousin lives by there too, I'll ask her for some ideas too and let you know :-)

Quoting BlessedAgain3:

Quoting rugratsmommy4:

Quoting BlessedAgain3:

Quoting rugratsmommy4:

Quoting BlessedAgain3:

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Fayanne
by Gold Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 8:43 PM

I have no clue what sites are in Michigan. Get on the internet and google wedding venues.. wineries? mansions?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)