Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

He best nominate me for the Wife of the Year award!

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 5:02 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

My DH is an OTR trucker. He's about to swap companies, and was looking for his SS card. Now, I haven't seen the thing in two years. Yet I'm the one who's suppose to keep up with it!

So I start looking. I'm cleaning out every drawer, I searched both vehicles. Nothing.

Then I go look in our room, and lo and behold, it's at the bottom of one of the boxes in our closet (storage box to hold my excess crap.)

I walked in the living room holding it up and said "Guess what your sweet, dedicated, determined wife found, sweetheart?"

His face was priceless, and he said thank you for the first time for something other than food.

Feeling pretty good about myself right now. :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xoxRachelxox
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Glad you found it.

I couldn't find my oldest sons card and had to order a new one.

Fayanne
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 6:23 PM

ha ha. and how did it end up in a box of your stuff?

I couldn't find mine a few years ago and had to get a replacement so I could get an enhanced driver's license

karebear_momma
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Hooray!

whitleypittman
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 6:52 PM
I have no clue tbh. I'm just glad that we found it.

Quoting Fayanne:

ha ha. and how did it end up in a box of your stuff?

I couldn't find mine a few years ago and had to get a replacement so I could get an enhanced driver's license

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:57 AM

lol Good job!

2lilmamas
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Lol good you saved the day.
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Sep. 30, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Ohhh I just hate that about my dh!!  Magically, I'm supposed to know where EVERYTHING is at ANY MOMENT it might need to be found.  Especially if said object isn't mine!!  You expect it from your children but ugh..  whatever.

We once had a 30 minute arguement because I didn't know where his wallet was that he JUST sat down..  SMH

Glad you found it.  :)

MomToovey
by Marianne on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Aww, yay!

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Oct. 1, 2013 at 3:37 AM

you rock Awww that's awesome! That was sweet of you  and I am so glad for both of you that you found it. It can be extremely stressful and frustrating not to be able to find something important, especially if you need it in a timely manner.

YVONNE

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Oct. 1, 2013 at 3:47 AM

We went thru a similar incident about a month ago... which is really unusual because we are both extremely organized people. But Todd needed our marriage license to take to his newer job to prove we are married so he could put me on his medical insurance. We've kept it in the same place always the past 8 yrs but suddenly to both our shock it wasn't there! Besides being frustrating and stressful because it would postpone me getting insurance if we had to go get another copy... it bothered us a lot because it's very sentimental to us too. Our apt is small and like I said organized so we both started looking in every single possible place and he found it inside a folder of his military vet papers in his briefcase because during a period of unemployment he had needed it to fill out vet help papers and from being stressed and a lot on his mind from being unemployed, forgot to put the license back in it's proper place. Was such a relief when he found it. : )

YVONNE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)