Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

uncertainty

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:23 AM
  • 10 Replies
Is it possible to support your hubby even in time of uncertainty?? I think im having an issue with that. And if so how do you go aboit it without feeling drained and thinking only of your own needs?
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Beautiful31mom
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, And that is when you should support him the most, because that is when he needs it most. you( in general not you specificly) need to put your spouses needs. before your own, some women only look out for #1( themselves) that is a downfall in a marriage imo. Being selfish ( and I Am not saying you are) is not good for a marriage, self-giving is very important.

kels229
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:02 AM
That makes perfect since. Let me be clear lately him and i was not talking he was ignoring me for bout 5 days ( je in Thailand) the he finally call me yesterday and the reason was about work...apparently the government is always throwing contracts his way, but he is battling weather or not to take another (i believe cause he really wants to but knos i wont be complete happy about it) we made a plan and now it seems he is changing them....i want him to choose family , but i kno he loves his career. The plan was to go away only every couple years now he talking bout taking a contract that could potentially have him away for 3 years amd only home for a month once a year.

Quoting Beautiful31mom:

Yes, And that is when you should support him the most, because that is when he needs it most. you( in general not you specificly) need to put your spouses needs. before your own, some women only look out for #1( themselves) that is a downfall in a marriage imo. Being selfish ( and I Am not saying you are) is not good for a marriage, self-giving is very important.

furbabymum
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Sorry. My DH would not dare suggest being away from our family for that long. I'd have his head on a pike. That's utter bullshit. I get deployments and being gone when you have to but to voluntarily  miss 4 years of his kids lives? Fuck him. Just fuck him. I would not support that. I think it's bullshit. He's not thinking about anyone but himself and that is SOOOOOOOOO wrong.

MagicTemptation
by Christina on Oct. 1, 2013 at 2:31 PM
Is there a reason why you are not there with him? If he is gone for 11 months out of the year, wouldn't it make sense to move with him? (if possible)
MagicTemptation
by Christina on Oct. 1, 2013 at 2:31 PM

As far as supporting him. Yes. It is our job as a spouse to have each others backs. To help them when they need it. 

valrubio
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I always try extra hard to be extra supportive in times of uncertainty. I think it has done alot to keep our marriage strong because he knows I always have his back.

valrubio
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 2:56 PM

I just read your post other post. My DH would never allow our family yo be apart that long. My DH had to go to Mexico for 4 months or longer and he made our kids and I come with him. I don't know I would put up with what your DH is doing.

kels229
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 3:21 PM
We can go but the issue is it wud only be for a brief while....like a month or something like that because my first two children are from previous marriage...so its hard to jus go and live in another country wen i kno the kids will miss getting to visit with there dad.

Quoting valrubio:

I just read your post other post. My DH would never allow our family yo be apart that long. My DH had to go to Mexico for 4 months or longer and he made our kids and I come with him. I don't know I would put up with what your DH is doing.

kels229
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Yes there is...i have 2 children from previous relationship. So makes it kinda hard to jus up and leave when i kno they will miss visiting with him.

Quoting MagicTemptation:

Is there a reason why you are not there with him? If he is gone for 11 months out of the year, wouldn't it make sense to move with him? (if possible)

valrubio
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting kels229:

We can go but the issue is it wud only be for a brief while....like a month or something like that because my first two children are from previous marriage...so its hard to jus go and live in another country wen i kno the kids will miss getting to visit with there dad.

Quoting valrubio:

I see. Well, I wish I could offer some advice but I have nothing. Good Luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN