Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have You Gained Weight Since Getting Married?

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:23 AM
  • 65 Replies

Poll

Question: Have you gained weight (and kept it on) since getting married?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 70

View Results

by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kfdmrw9312
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:28 AM

For many years I stayed pretty much the same weight as when we were dating , until we had our last child and after ending a full year of nursing, it's like my metabolism hit rock bottom and it was a struggle to not gain weight & to have the old motivation/self conrol I used to with eating/working out. It's almost at zero, I want to be back to the old me. I don't know what happened. Relationship problems, also being constantly bored and at home alone w/ the kids 24/7 doesn't help my mood/motivation...

Dee0886
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Yeah, but it wasn't marriage, I think it was more the 3 kids I've pushed out since being married lol. Thankfully it's not much and I've been able to shed most of it after each kiddo.

Dee0886
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Is there any way you can go to the gym once dh comes home from work? That's what I do. And it's excellent "me" time. Sometimes I spend the whole time on the bicycle just peddling reading a book or listening to music.  

Quoting Kfdmrw9312:

For many years I stayed pretty much the same weight as when we were dating , until we had our last child and after ending a full year of nursing, it's like my metabolism hit rock bottom and it was a struggle to not gain weight & to have the old motivation/self conrol I used to with eating/working out. It's almost at zero, I want to be back to the old me. I don't know what happened. Relationship problems, also being constantly bored and at home alone w/ the kids 24/7 doesn't help my mood/motivation...

OliviaW.
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Yep. After having my last child I gained and kept it on. I need to work on loosing weight or at least getting toner.
OliviaW.
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Do you have a wii? I use my wii to do yoga and work out.

Quoting Kfdmrw9312:

Kfdmrw9312
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:37 AM

I used to do the same thing, and it was great, but lately our finances have gotten much worse, no money to  join the gym, or the simple gas to get there and back. I wanted to do it, but we can't afford. It's very frustrating. I have a treadmill at home, but it doesn't feel the same as being at the gym where everyone is full of activity and enthusiasm. I've taken to eating worse and rarely ever exercising in the past year and a half, ended up putting on 20 pounds. It's at the point where I don't even want to have sex because I feel like a disgusting cow. I hate looking at myself in the mirror because I remember what I used to look like, yet despite that I keep muddling on in my bad habits, it's like nothing can turn it around. It's depressing and I wish I was one of those Type A personalities that could just snap out of it and get results.

Quoting Dee0886:

Is there any way you can go to the gym once dh comes home from work? That's what I do. And it's excellent "me" time. Sometimes I spend the whole time on the bicycle just peddling reading a book or listening to music.  

Quoting Kfdmrw9312:

BonitaM
by Platinum Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Yes, after I had DD I only lost about half of what I gained with her and my motivation is out the door.  I don't have any energy anymore and I'm bored being home alone all the time.  I get little bursts of motivation but they never last long and disappear just as quick as they come. 

Kfdmrw9312
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:48 AM

It is rough, I am right there with you.

Quoting BonitaM:

Yes, after I had DD I only lost about half of what I gained with her and my motivation is out the door.  I don't have any energy anymore and I'm bored being home alone all the time.  I get little bursts of motivation but they never last long and disappear just as quick as they come. 

Kfdmrw9312
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:49 AM

I'm one of those pathetic women that wear a bra that's a cup size to small because I refuse to go up and buy a new bigger one, trying to punish myself until I lose the weight and can fit into my old ones.

BonitaM
by Platinum Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:51 AM

It really is.  I want my body and my youth back.  I really wish I didn't take it so forgranted when I had it and that I can get the motivation to at least get my body back.

Quoting Kfdmrw9312:

It is rough, I am right there with you.

Quoting BonitaM:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)