Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Jitters....after 15 years???

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 12:03 AM
  • 27 Replies
4 moms liked this

Me and DH have been married for 14 years but have been together for a little over 15. You would think after 15 years I would be over the butterflies in my stomach, goosebumps and all by now. Yet everytime I see him with our kids or after he has been away it just feels like we are 19 all over again. It's an amazing feeling and I never want to let that go.

How about you?? Do you still feel like you did when you first started dating?? Do you ever wish it would end?? Just curious.

by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 12:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
valrubio
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 12:05 AM
2 moms liked this

I am way more in love with my DH now then when we first married almost 11 years ago. He is such an amazing father and husband and the things he does for me and the kids makes me fall more in love with him everyday.

BonitaM
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I've never felt any butterflies with DH.  Just a feeling that I belonged, but yes, I'm just as inlove with him as when we met almost 13 years ago.  I'm crazy about my DH. :)

AnnaMess
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 12:12 AM

It's funny how we can sometimes get so caught up in life and that one simple gester of sweetness from DH can make you just melt!

foxymomof4
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 12:29 AM
2 moms liked this

I still get butterflies and super excited when we are going out on a date, he has been a great to me and our kids he has always put us first no matter what.Last year when he was out of town a lot we would talk for hours and text all the time and on the day that he return I would take kids to mom and get some time alone and I would just stare at him and tell him how much I love him.

I think the reason we still feel this ways is because they are great husbands and great fathers and thats is what turn us on and wgat makes us love them more and more.

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Oct. 4, 2013 at 12:46 AM

We've had stong overwhelming chemistry from day one and it only gets stronger over past 10 yrs. we both still get butterflies, lumps in our throat, chills thru our body, tingles, he literally takes my breath away and I feel like Ihave to gasp sometimes because of it. We both get flustered over one another at times. It  seems to only get stronger over the years and no we've never wished it away, it feels magical. We've both said and agreed we feel like we're on a never ending honeymoon and we love it

YVONNE

Pnukey
by Jennifer on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:34 AM
1 mom liked this

No butterflies here, just contentment and trust. The butterflies made me uncomfortable, so I don't miss them at all and don't feel like I did 16 years ago when we were dating. It's different now, but for us, so much better.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:32 AM

Nope. After nearly 12 years no butterflies, jitters, or goosebumps. Just calm I guess. 

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:21 AM

I do still feel like that and I love it!   We've been together for close to 14 years, married for 11 and I still get the butterflies & goosebumps.

Raeann11
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 12:20 PM

I am the same way.

Hadadat
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this

We have moments where we'll catch each other just looking at each other with "ooogly" eyes. then we'll admit that it was one of those moments when we just fell in love again.

We're still fresh in the marrage (4 months) but we've been together for 2 years already. We're newbies but he still gives me chills and I like it. I hope to have them for the next 50 years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)