Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Have you thought of

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 7:57 PM
  • 17 Replies

Christmas gifts yet?

I have.....

SO's beloved Springer Spaniel, Max died this past May. He was being treated for a possible cancerous growth on his leg, and we were waiting for biopsy results.  SO and I had gone out for a class reunion, Max was at his Ex wife's. We picked him up on the way back through to my place.

Max began whining with pain shortly after we got in bed, so I asked SO if he had any pain meds for him. .. Yes, and they were in the truck, so SO went to get them. Meanwhile I got out of bed to comfort Max, and he basically had a seizure and died in my lap just as SO returned with the meds. We think he died from spetic shock as SO's wife had taken Max to the vet while we were out to get his bandages changed, and that vet said the first vet did a horrible job of the biopsy/bandaging, etc,

SO was just heartbroken... his beloved running buddy and sidekick of 9 years was gone.

He still tears up thinking of him.

I had several pics of Max on my phone, and a CM friend in another group is quite a talented artist. She's doing a pencil drawing of Max for me so I can frame it and give it SO for Christmas!

I can't wait to see it!

Life is divine chaos
Embrace it.  Forgive  yourself.   Breathe
           And enjoy the ride....   

by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xoxRachelxox
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Aw, that is a great idea for a gift! It has so much meaning. 

I've thought about gifts but haven't bought anything and probably won't until the last minute. It's just what I do every year. lol. 

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 8:24 PM

That is so sweet.  What an awesome idea!

Yes, I'll probably be making most of mine so I've had to start thinking of it already.

lapcounter
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 8:25 PM
Already started
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
furbabymum
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 9:44 PM

That's sweet. I couldn't do it. DH has pics of Celsus as his wallpaper on his phone and comps. I can't even look.

kellysparkles
by Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 9:49 PM

No.  We've actually never celebrated Christmas together, so now that DD is born this is our first year thinking about it.  I don't even know where to start lol.

ashli488
by Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 10:24 PM

yes, so far on dd's list is a buzz lightyear doll, doc mcstuffins toys, clothes, learning supplies, a leappad ultra, and a few other things. but im not getting anyone else presents just dd and dh although dh wont be home for his presents

JenniferW67
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 10:31 PM

That's an awesome gift idea.

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 10:54 PM

I bet your DH will love it! :)

squeekers
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 11:15 PM

my xmas family present is flying to see my father & step mother Dec 26th. I have not seen my father in person since 2011. we do skype often though.

whitleypittman
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Not really. I make all the christmas gifts, but the one I wanna do for DH is sidelined cause one of the colors I wanna use in it is being used in an order. So it's gotta wait.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)